The Beginning

The Beginning

A Screenplay by Xerclipse
"

story of the beginning of time according to the bible.

"

The Screen is pitch black

 

Narrator: In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. And God said, let there be light; and there was light.

 

The center of the screen shows a bright light that explodes. Then the scene shows the planet earth being created along with the moon and stars. Then the scene shifts to heaven.

 

Narrator: The Heavens was the holy world that God created. He and his fellow angels lived there; including Lucifer who was the most beautiful and respected angel. Lucifer had many followers. However there was a big dysfunctional event that occurred at heaven.  

Lucifer and God are standing at opposite sides from the center of Heaven. They each have a giant troop of followers.

 

God: towards Lucifer You may not desire my authority.

 

Lucifer’s army starts to yell and jeer at God. He replies…

 

Lucifer: I will have your position! Even if it means that we fight.

 

God: pulling out a giant sword from his hand Then it shall be this way.

 

Both angels of Lucifer and God pull out blades, sling shots, bows and arrows, and metal clubs. They start to assault each other. As they fight, the camera zooms in lingering onto the gore the angels spill. Angels are dismembering and beating each other. The wings are torn off of a couple of Angels. As there is a lot more brutality on the background, the camera zooms into an angel punching and stepping on the demon’s face. The demon is struggling to get up but ends up just twitching. Another face off the camera shows is a demon ripping off an angel’s arm and beating him with it. The blades are shown penetrating the demons. The violence accumulates around heaven. Lucifer is shown laughing at the dead angels. Heads, limbs and blood flies across Lucifer. His wings batter out the blood. He begins to kill a couple of angels. They stand no chance against him but Jesus battles him. Jesus dominates him in the battle but Lucifer escapes the final blow and flies towards God.  

 

Narrator: The unholy activity that was performed in heaven went no where for both God and Lucifer. God could not bear the violence in heaven God stares at Lucifer with disgust. Lucifer starts to charge at God with excitement so God struck him down. The action transitions to slow motion and shows the excessive amount of light placed on Lucifer, it burns him.

 

God: You are no longer Lucifer, but that name now is Satan!

 

Narrator: Satan’s angels fall into the pit of hell, and I came down with him. God’s heaven is now safe from Satan.

 

Satan and his angels are falling from heaven. The demon screams emit through the universe and the skies. 

 

Narrator: However, that strike from God did not change Satan’s motivations. When God created Adam and Eve, there was an opportunity Satan took. He changed his form into a snake.

 

His body changes physical form, his arms gets into his body and is replaced by a layer of scales. His face also changes form into a snake. He climbs out of hell.

 

God: As Satan climbs out of Hell, his snake form at a fast rate. God is talking to Adam and Eve All this is for you.  Help yourself to anything you like.  But never touch the tree in the middle of the Garden.  That tree gives knowledge of good and evil.  The day you eat its fruit, you will die."

 

Narrator: One day, Eve was gathering berries for dinner when she heard a silky voice behind her.

 

Satan: softly to Eve Has God told you that you can eat the fruit from all the trees.

 

Eve: God has told us we can eat all the fruit except for what grows on The Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil

 

Satan: Oh come now, that's silly!  I hardly think such a lovely fruit would do you any harm. God knows that if you eat from The Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil you'll become just like God, and will be able to decide for yourself what is right and what is wrong.

 

Narrator: The woman looked at the fruit and thought how tasty it looked. She thought how wonderful it would be to be as wise and powerful as God.  She believed the serpent's lie and ate the fruit.  

Satan is laughing at Eve run with the fruit. His eyes glow red.

She felt a strange feeling in the pit of her stomach.  She fidgeted and wondered what was wrong with her.  Suddenly she realized that she was feeling guilty -- she had disobeyed God and knew she'd done something wrong.

The scene shifts to Hell. The demons are dancing and are cheering. The fire in hell starts to accumulate.

Eve hurriedly picked some more fruit and took it back to Adam.  They ate the fruit and sat in gloomy silence.  As soon as they ate the fruit a change came over Adam and Eve.  They became unhappy and fearful of God. 

The scene shifts back to the Garden of Eden, God’s hostile hand comes aboard.

Adam and Eve heard God calling them.  Without thinking, they dived into the bushes, but God knew where they were.  When God asked them if they had eaten from The Tree of the
Knowledge of Good and Evil that He had told them not to touch, they blamed each other for their sins.

God: From now on you'll have to scratch a living from the soil.  You'll need to make clothes and grow food.  Nothing will come easily -- not even childbirth.  And one day, you will die

Adam and Eve run away crying. Later on Satan is seen back at hell in his regular form laughing. He has no regrets of what he did at the Garden of Eden.

 

Satan: The first mortals that were placed on Earth have committed a sin against God. Now the sins will be born!!!

 

The demons cheer. But Satan silences them.

 

Satan: with a evil smile Now fellow angels, we have a lot of work to do!

© 2012 Xerclipse


Author's Note

Xerclipse
enjoy the story

My Review

Would you like to review this Screenplay?
Login | Register




Reviews

Nice interpretation of the events that occurred that day. Excellent!

Posted 11 Years Ago


You have a great imagination.
Love your work.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Just curious. Who is your target audience for this? Youth group is what I'd suggest. Children's choir? Not me, lol. BUt i'm morbidly curious. PLease PM me.

Demons cheering is cute, btw.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Very well done! Nicely creepy at the end as well... they definitely have been working...

Posted 11 Years Ago


A Paradise Lost we can actually see unfolding, potent symbols for this generation-:)

Posted 11 Years Ago


awesome work man!!!:)

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
AK
Very nice! I loved the play:)

Posted 12 Years Ago


"fellow angels" indeed, a most delighful piece, for me at least, well done, good read.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

398 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on March 11, 2012
Last Updated on March 11, 2012

Author

Xerclipse
Xerclipse

http://xerclipse.deviantart.com/gallery/, NY



About
Hey people of Writer's cafe, what's up? You may call me Xerclipse and its about a year since I had this. I am 18 years old and I am at Mass Art right now! I write books with a lot of action and vio.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Water Water

A Poem by Blue Ivory