Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A Chapter by Krista

Abby's POV.
I woke up with tears still in my eyes. I cried all night long. I look at the clock, which is placed beside of my bed, and see what time is it. 7:00 am. I have school at 7:30, which means I have to get up and getting ready for school. I actually don't want to... I don't want to walk up through the halls, smiling (or in my case fake smiling), and pretending everything is okay. I don't want to pretend everybody likes me. I don't want to make jokes when someone try to make fun of me. I don't want to cover the scars I have. I just don't want to... I'm tired of it. I'm tired of everything.
I sigh, frustrated. But I finally force myself to get up. I take a hot shower and put on my black long sleeve shirt, matching it with my white knee lenght skirt and my stripes flat shoes. I let my hair loose, framing my small face. I look at myself in the mirror. I put a fake smile on my face. And what I see is different from what I saw yesterday. Now, I'm not a girl with the scars... I'm a girl with a smile.. And once again, I amazed how a smile can hide everything. 
I stepped to my room and slung my backpack over my shoulder. I open the door and walk down the stairs. It's really silent in my house, like usual. I don't even bother to find or greet my parents, because they're not here. They're like business crazy. They don't have time to stay at home even for breakfast. But I'm getting use to it. 
Brother? Yeah, I have one. He's 5 years older than me and he's already moved out. So, here I am stuck in my parents house without them actually in it... how pathetic is that? I considered myself living on my own in this house.
I look around and decided not to have any breakfast for today. I don't feel like eating. So, I just turned around and heading to the front door. After locked the front door, I walk to school, having the time of myself. Thinking. 
My house is just a few miles from school so I don't need like car or anything to go to school. I just walk. I love to kick some pebbles on the ground while walking to school. It's just one way to clear my head from God-knows-what running in my mind. It makes me calm. 
From the corner of my eye, I see a car slowing down a little bit and stop abruptly next to me. 
"Well, well.. Look who it is! Walking to school alone, huh?" said a girl from inside the car. She lowered the car's window and I can see clearly who she is. Or for exact, who they are.
Lindsay and her fellow crew. Or should I say the most popular clique in school. They've been teasing me since forever. They make fun of me, they bully me a lot. I rolled my eyes. 
"What do you want, Lindsay?" I asked, not expecting any answers actually. But what can I expect from a girl like Lindsay? 
"Umm.. nothing. Just wondering how an ugly fat alien can go to school... or even walk?!" she said with her crew chuckling behind her.
There she goes, teasing me again. I'm not in the mood to respond any travesty. I just turn around and keep walking to school. 
"What? You can't speak now? Oh wait... I forgot... you're an alien! You're not supposed to talk! Because you can't!" Lindsay said again. They're laughing, louder and louder.
I just keep walking, trying not to hear any of it. 
"Well, bye alien!" She said, gas her car and making water puddle splashed my outfits. 
I just stand there. Too shock to move. My outfits are all wet now and it's because of that damn Lindsay! I clench my hands, trying to restrain anger that grew inside of me. 
Breathe. Breathe. Breathe. 
I said to myself, calming myself down while close my eyes.
"Abby!!" 
I opened my eyes because I recognize the voice. It's definitely Lilly. I turned around and saw her running to me. 
I smiled and say, "hey!"
As soon as she standing close to me, she quickly realized that my oufits are all wet.
"What happened?" she asked, worried.
"Lindsay happened," I answered her. 
"Urgggghhh... she...," some anger quickly grow inside of her. "Are you okay?" she asked again, concern.
"I'm fine, Lil. It's nothing, really." I said, lying. 
For a moment she stood there, starring at me. She narrowed her eyes, looking like she doesn't believe me at all.
"Let's just go to school, okay? I don't wanna be late," I said, grabbing her hand and walk towards school.
"You sure you okay?" Lilly asked me again after we reached school hall.
"Yeah, Lil. I'm fine," I said, smiling.
I stopped there. Usually, I would throw some jokes to ensure her, but today I stop with 'I'm fine'.
Well, I hope she bought it because I'm not in the mood of making jokes out of it. I'm just tired of pretending. 
The bell rang. 
"We should get to class," I said to her.
Lilly just nod. 


© 2014 Krista


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

132 Views
Added on October 22, 2014
Last Updated on October 22, 2014
Tags: teen, teenfiction, selfharm, suicide, suicidal, feeling, hurt, bullying, school, highschool, friends, friendship, bestfriend, cutting


Author

Krista
Krista

Bandung, Indonesia



About
19 years old. A college student, majoring English. My biggest dream is to write stories that inspires people. Enjoy my stories!! :) more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Krista