Forget Part 3 (Bound By Blood)

Forget Part 3 (Bound By Blood)

A Story by Kristan A. Mohammed
"

What happened after Alex left. How is he going to escape his fate this time?

"

Alex sat quietly in the dark, shivering. He tried to move but he couldn’t. The dirt on his skin echoed flashbacks of the last three hours into his head. He saw the wet dirt, the hole, the blood, the body. He heard the gunshot as he fell out of the realm of memory.

     She was standing there in the doorway, with the colors of fear and confusion painted on her face. She dashed towards him and grabbed his leg.

“Are you bleeding?” she asked.

“It’s not my blood.”

“Then who’s...?” she paused as the reality grabbed her by the heart.

She looked at him in terror as tears simmered in his blood-red eyes. His face was moonlit with regret and he felt helpless like a pen, gliding across the paper at the writer’s will.

“I thought I could do it. I thought I could kill him but I couldn’t,” he said before he got another flashback which forced him to say, “but I had to. He was gonna kill me.”

     She lifted her hand to caress his face but he pulled away, got up, and started to incoherently dig through the rubble in his house.

“What are you doing?” she asked. But there was no response. She repeated herself, only this time, screaming the words.

“I’m leaving. I have to.”

She didn’t want him to leave. She knew that he was in trouble but she didn’t want him to run from his problems. And she definitely did not want to be alone again. She wondered, for a brief moment, how she got herself into such a messy situation. The only man she had ever loved was killed by someone who was aiming for Alex but missed. So the hunter came back to kill Alex but died at the hands of his target instead. She felt like she was having a mental breakdown and could feel her sanity slowly diffusing into the world like a toxic gas that smelled kind of sweet. She decided to embrace the sweet smell and so she lashed out at Alex.

“Why are you leaving?” she hissed.

“I know you need to get your s**t together, but you just don’t care about anyone else do you? Doesn’t it bother you that someone died because of you?” she continued her tantrum while his thoughts slipped away to the place behind his eyes as he bent his head in shame and self-disgust.

     He wondered if he could trust her with the truth about his past and who he really was. A little itch at the back of his mind told him to tell her. That he could trust her. But he didn’t trust that itch because it could have been his crush for her that was whispering to him. He escaped from his internal avalanche just in time to hear her scream the words, “My boyfriend died because of you and you don’t care!”

“Please don’t. You have no idea how much I care.” he pleaded.

“How can you care? You’re a monster!” she screamed.

“He’s my brother!” he shouted as he fell to his knees.

“He’s my brother.”

  

© 2015 Kristan A. Mohammed


Author's Note

Kristan A. Mohammed
Its the shortest one yet. I didn't want to drag it on too long to bore the readers. Tell me what you think.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Short chapters can be good, as in this case, especially since it ends with that important revelation. And this is great storytelling! My only caution is that omniscient point of view can be effective but can be tricky. Each character has to have his or her own voice so that the reader is always clear whose head you are in at any given time. I think you do much better at that toward the end, where you have long passages describing their thoughts and feelings.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Kristan A. Mohammed

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much for the advice. I'll definitely be keeping that in mind for the upcoming parts.
Love it as much as the first two, I'm hoping that you continue with this story. I love it, the plot, and the way you wrote it.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Ilerah

9 Years Ago

The fourth part, will it be the last, I hope not.
Kristan A. Mohammed

9 Years Ago

No it will not. Alex has a lot of secrets to uncover.
And so does Aurora.
Ilerah

9 Years Ago

Sounds great, I love this story so far.
i think this was just as good as the earlier ones, even though it wasnt as long

Posted 9 Years Ago


Kristan A. Mohammed

9 Years Ago

Thanks a lot. And yes this was short. Because I felt like I would have killed the suspense if I went.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

335 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 9, 2015
Last Updated on March 9, 2015
Tags: lost. death. seception. murder

Author

Kristan A. Mohammed
Kristan A. Mohammed

Arouca, Caribbean, Trinidad and Tobago



About
I am trying to uncover the enigma of the human emotion through poetry and other forms of writing. I think that the human mind and emotion is quite interesting to i have based my inspirations on it. more..

Writing