Rapturous

Rapturous

A Story by Kristopher Curran
"

A man contemplates a random thought.... Flash fiction

"
I had a daydream once, where we had children, a boy and girl.
They would be Seven and Five. We would love and cherish them as loving parents.
When they played up or acted silly, I would call them the "two-mischiefs".
Then I would die, leaving you all behind.
You would find someone new to love after a few years, he would take over, care for you and our children. You would talk about me and say things to them, especially when they acted up, "Look at you two! The two mischiefs! That's what your father would always call you." It would make them smile… and you also. It would remind you of me. One day your new husband would say to our children, "The two mischiefs, what are you doing?!"
You would over-hear this and feel complete shock. The Two Mischiefs is what I said to our children, how dare he. It would be okay though. Your new husband would be a good man and say it with love towards our children. You would tell him not to say it... and you yourself would stop saying it. "The two-mischiefs" would always make you think of me and how our days together as a family, would never happen.

© 2013 Kristopher Curran


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

297 Views
Added on June 22, 2013
Last Updated on June 22, 2013