Chapter One: The Reaper's Illusion (Part One)

Chapter One: The Reaper's Illusion (Part One)

A Chapter by krysto porris
"

Alex visits the Reaper after an intensely boring pre-calculus class made him lose his mind.

"

 Year - 2020

Time - 2:45 p.m.

Room 102 - Pre-Calculcus 

--1--

It was two forty-five on a Friday afternoon when an intense wave of boredom washed over Alex. He had been sitting through this boorish hell for over forty minutes and it was starting to take its toll on him. The small, crowded classroom slowly sucked away his energy and left him drained. The immense boredom made his desk feel like an invisible "prison" that gave him a heavy dose of claustrophobia. His mind then began to play tricks on him as his desk-board came to life. He knew, at that moment, that he had definitely lost his mind.

He was surprised and quickly glanced around the room, hoping that someone had seen what he had just saw. The desk-board phased into a light brown goo and sprang at him. It latched tightly around his upper body and restrained his arms. He watched as the classroom's dull yellow walls disappeared behind a strange black mist. It flowed through all of the corners of the classroom and consumed everything within it, from his innocent classmates down to the small pile of fallen chalk dust. He knew at that moment what was occurring. It was something that had often experienced and he hated it.

The temperature within the room dropped cold and sent a shivering chill down his spine. He didn't want to be a part of it, but as the hidden clock began ticking in its strangely soothing rhythm he knew there was no escape. As though on cue, the Reaper appeared before him. It's body had no define shape and flowed freely. It's dark, hollow eyes and bony grin was partially concealed beneath a black hood. The Reaper was very unnerving, but Alex was not scared in the least. He did not even flinch. The Reaper was all too familiar to him and, unlike the first time they met, it lost all of the intimidation that it once held over him.

"Alex Riley", It spoke with an echoing drawl. "Have you come to accept my offer?"

Alex glared back in silence with the overgrown annoyance clearly expressed on his face. It was something that he heard too often and it was beginning to infuriate him. The Reaper spotted his exasperated expression and moved in closer. 

"You fool! Why do you insist on rejecting me? I can grant you unspeakable power and all I require is..."

"My soul", Alex sharply interrupted. "I'm tired of going over this every time you drag me to this place. My answer will not change!", he said furiously.

The Reaper was enraged and displayed its fury through a vehement roar, "You damn insignificant little boy! Refuse my power any further and you will be left helpless within your hour of despair. Your world will crumble and you wont be able to stop it".

x2

The ticking escalated and added to Alex's growing rage. He had had enough. This would be the last time that he allowed the Reaper to torment him. He broke free from the goo's solid grip with one powerful thrust of his arms. The Reaper fell silent at what had just occurred.

"Impossible! You should not be able to display such strength within my Infernal Realm! In this realm only I possess such power!", the Reaper roared in anger.

The ticking increased to a deafening volume as Alex approached the Reaper.

"You talk to much!", Alex said fluently, expressing his boiling frustration.

The Reaper grew extremely furious, "You have been cursed with death for your insolence!"

Alex snickered and formed a solid fist. With one last glance he drove it deeply into the Reaper's face. The Reaper's body dispersed and left a vile laughter that later faded away. The clock rung out at a penetrating volume causing the Infernal Realm to fade away and reveal a destructed sight.

-------------------------------------------

Hello readers! I just want to remind you to vote if you enjoyed the chapter and leave a comment! Any comments are welcomed. Let me know how you feel about the chapter and the book on a whole. Thank You! 

Now, continue on to the next chapter! Hope you enjoy!

-------------------------------------------



© 2016 krysto porris


Author's Note

krysto porris
What do you guys think? Let me know in the comments!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I think your story has lots of fantastical elements. Good job. Where are you taking readers in chapter 2?

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

148 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 18, 2016
Last Updated on January 18, 2016
Tags: Action, Adventure, Fantasy, Mystery, Romance, Suspense, Drama, Gore, Betrayal, supernatural


Author

krysto porris
krysto porris

ST THOMAS, Virgin Islands, U.S. Virgin Islands



About
Hello everyone! I want to start off by saying that I'm shy! Yes, I'm shy and it prevent me from getting my stories out, but I believe that you would love them... Okay, enough about my stories. Wha.. more..

Writing