Welcome to the room

Welcome to the room

A Chapter by Kyatarion
"

“If you want to view paradise, simply look around and view it.”- Willy Wonka

"

Rebecca looked up to see white. All around her was an empty white space except for a computer, sketchbook and 12 crayons. Her sketchbook was filled with sketches that looked like what the outside world would be like to her. The computer was filled with pre-downloaded videos of cats and dogs. I don’t know how long Rebecca's been in there - I asked her once but she just ran away from me as if I were a monster.


God decided that people that won’t make any significant change to mankind will be sent here, the room, due to overpopulation. When I wasn’t watching, Rebecca drew a large door in green on a wall of the room,

“W-what’s happening” Rebecca stammered, I slowly saw a colourful door opening in front of Rebecca.

“Oh no no NO! Rebecca DON’T go in!”

She squinted at me, a mischievous smile on her face

“I’m sorry but I don't socialise with non-existent beings” and stepped right into the new world. I stared, shocked. Finally I was able to let out a soft whisper

“He’s gonna be so mad at me…” I stammered

***


As the last of Rebecca’s curly mid- length blonde hair came out of the door someone with white hair popped up in front of her

“Rebecca! You’re back!” exclaimed the white haired girl with one deep red eye the colour of blood and a light blue eye that almost looked like glass.

“Who are you?” Rebecca mumbled, taking a look at all the surroundings, she seemed to be in a cabin probably high up in a tree. The girl stared for a while and said, oblivious that Rebecca didn’t remember or care, “I was your best friend all the way through primary school and intermediate” she smiled “my name is Amara.” She put out her hand and Rebecca shook it, surprised that this girl actually cared.

“ You’d better remember it,” she added

“Ok, I got-” Amara cut Rebecca off mid sentence, “let me introduce you to the two dummies, ok.” She giggled as she tilted her head to the side and repeated “Ok?”

“Hmmm, huh, yeah” Rebecca stuttered “We’re gonna get on together so well” she whispered with a large smirk on her face. “What?” Rebecca questioned her

“Oh, no, it’s ok” she giggled.


“REBECCA!” two boys exclaimed

“Rebecca’s back?” asked a black haired boy with no significant features.

“Yea, she’s so quiet now though” said a blonde haired boy.

“She just came back from the room and you’re saying ‘Yea, she’s so quiet now’, how annoying” Amara accused.

“Sorry about that Rebecca, we just have some idiots here”.

“Me too?” the person in the back asked.

“Of course,” she replied with a childish scowl.

The person with black hair said, “Amara, you’re just paranoid that she’s gonna get ‘infected.’” He looked at Rebecca and added, “Oh yea my name is Kai.”

“And mine is Caine,” the blonde haired boy added jumping in with a smile.

“Nobody asked you!”

“Yea!” Amara and Kai said in conjunction. “Why me?” Caine whined. They all started arguing, naturally with huge grimaces on their faces. “Friends. I finally have friends. Someone who can understand me.” A huge grin started to grow on Rebecca's face as she joined in on the argument while laughing, something she hadn't done in ages.













© 2017 Kyatarion


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

141 Views
Added on December 1, 2017
Last Updated on December 1, 2017


Author

Kyatarion
Kyatarion

Auckland, New Zealand



About
Just a normal person sharing their writing pieces for tips and comments more..

Writing
Doors Doors

A Book by Kyatarion