Addiction

Addiction

A Poem by K.D.


Bridge over troubled water, relentlessly  searching for ways for his life to alter.
He's been sinning non-stop, eyes are a constant bloodshot. Needle in his vein, extra dose to ensure the end of all his pain. Brain is going crazy, emotions running a wild loved ones calling out at him screaming & crying "Myles" Sadly He cannot respond as He's in too deep & his body is unresponsive, yet He can still hear and is forced to endure the cries. Not realizing at the time that his despair & early departure could affect so many lives. He's always gone day to day trying to be a good man. Myles gave it his all, Never was it enough. He got torn down so many times till it got to the point where He finally said enough is enough. There used to be a time when He was tough & mentally sound, unfortunately for Myles being thrown around and kicked while He was down. Ultimately led to his bittersweet addiction. The pain of a needle but the pleasure of the high. Heroin and alcohol was his favorite combination, able to escape into the High and dream about a better life. Able to be free from stress and no longer be terrorized but sadly He failed To realize that at the time when He had started at 24 that He would be dead at 25 but the feeling of the High ultimately left him blind & he didn't see the actual life He had he couldn't see the good sides of the life He was slowly leaving behind. The heartbreaking truth was that Myles didn't mind. 

© 2015 K.D.


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

70 Views
Added on May 1, 2015
Last Updated on May 1, 2015
Tags: Life, death

Author

K.D.
K.D.

OH



Writing