Letting Go (Chapter Two)

Letting Go (Chapter Two)

A Chapter by Ryann Woodhouse
"

Please, Give me feedback :]

"

I STARED BLANKLY OUT THE WINDOW AND TO THE NIGHT SKY. How did I not know I was going to end up here tonight? I glanced my eyes back to Jack, who was sleeping soundly up against the wall on his bed. The empty spot next to him was where I was sleeping. Well, trying to sleep, I should say. I looked back out the window, leaning out of it a bit. The stars twinkled, and I stared at them in amazment. "They're beautiful aren't they?"

Jack's voice made me jump. "I thought you were sleeping," I whispered, turning around and looking at him. Our noses touched and I blushed, squeezing the window rail. He smiled some and shook his head.

"As soon as you walked in, I woke up. I just didn't want you to feel bad..." He murmured. We kept our voices low because we both knew if his parents knew that I was here, they'd kick me out in a flat second. Jack looked at my lips, then back up to my eyes.

I bit my lip softly, "Oh. Sorry. I didn't mean to wake you up.." I whispered. He nodded some and hugged me tightly, pulling me against him. I blushed a bit more and hugged him back, closing my eyes softly. "I'm so tired, but I can't fall asleep.."

"Anything I can do to help?" Jack asked, looking down at me.

I shrugged, "I dunno..."

He took my hand and started walking towards his door. "Come on, I'll sneak you something to drink." He whispered. I squeezed his hand and followed him as he quietly turned the door knob, trying not to make the door creek. I looked up at him and he looked down at me, smiling. I smiled back and ran my fingers through my hair nervously. It seemed the more and more time I spent with Jack, the more I started having those feelings for him.

Jack let go of my hand once we got to the kitchen. "Any requests?" He whispered so quietly I could barely hear him. I was glad we could read lips, or we might not have even been able to communicate out here without his parents waking up.

I shook my head, "Anything you think might help me fall asleep.."

Jack bit his lip and took the milk carton out of the fridge. "Warm milk sound like a good idea?" He asked, turning towards me. I nodded, grinning. He smiled and got a pot out of one of the cabinets-though I couldn't tell which one since it was so dark-and put it over the burner. He put the burner on light and poured a bit of milk into it. "And now we wait," He whispered.

I smiled some, "Thanks Jack."

"Go sit on the couch, and I'll get you something to eat, okay?" I nodded and walked over to the couch and sat down, just like Jack had asked me. I heard soft clanking around in the kitchen, though I never asked what the clanking came from, and waited for Jack to come and sit next to me again.

Jack turned the burner off; I heard the soft click-click of the heater. He walked back over to me and put a plate down on m lap. "It's chocolate cake. From last week. It was my dad's birthday. But I'll say I snagged a piece." He handed me a fork, and I stared up into his eyes. His eyes were a deep emerald green, and half the time they made my heart stop beating.

"Thanks." I whispered. He walked back over to the kitchen and poured the heated up milk into a glass. He walked back over to me and put the glass down by my feet.

"Just tell me once you're done and I'll go put the plate and the glass away. And then we can go to bed."

I cut a small piece of the slab of cake Jack had given me with my fork and put it into my mouth. "Okay." I washed it down with a sip of the warm milk and kept eating. Jack smiled, watching me. I never looked at him, but I could feel his eyes on me.

Once I finished, Jack put my plate, fork and glass away, just like he said he would. He grabbed my hand and walked us back into his room. "Thanks for always being here for me, Jack." I murmured as we layed down in his bed. He pulled the blanket over me and wrapped his arm around my curves.

"Forever and Always, Tanya." He whispered. He kissed my cheek and snuggled his nose in my hair. "Night."

I smiled some, "Goodnight, Jack."



© 2012 Ryann Woodhouse


Author's Note

Ryann Woodhouse
Please, give me feedback on what you think :D

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

252 Views
Added on June 11, 2012
Last Updated on July 18, 2012


Author

Ryann Woodhouse
Ryann Woodhouse

Lakeville, United States Minor Outlying Islands



About
I'm 13 years old, technically 14 though, because my birth certificate has a typeo on it that says I was born in 1999 instead of 1998. I love romance and thriller books. They're my life. And so is mus.. more..

Writing