The Ghost of the Railroad Tracks

The Ghost of the Railroad Tracks

A Story by SouthernBelle
"

A short ghost story from Wagerville, Alabama

"

I do not take credit for making this story. It's a urban legend for the area I live in..

 

The legend goes back in the 1800's there was a railroad worker was walking down the railroad late at night checking to make sure that nobody was trying to sneak onto one of the trains. He was a old elderly man and could not hear very well. A train started coming and he did not hear it. The train was going fast and did not have time to stop. It hit the man and he died instantly and the larten he was holding went flying. Some people say if you take your car to the tracks, turn off the car, and wait you can hear the train coming and see the larten float down the track.

© 2012 SouthernBelle


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I think you should take that idea and run with it. Weave it into a short story. My husband is from wisconsin and there is a legend that a couple who were sitting by the side of the road making out got struck by a car and killed. Now if you drive by that spot late at night on a date, your car will simply stop running.

Posted 11 Years Ago


SouthernBelle

11 Years Ago

omg tht sent chills down my spine
Wow, short and spooky!
Great attempt.. I say you write more of these! You're good in building up suspense and leaving an open end!

*pat on your back*
well done :) I like it..

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

SouthernBelle

11 Years Ago

thank you
awesome story! wish i had cool stories like this around where i live... unfortunately i don't but anyways, really cool! thanks for sharing this!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

SouthernBelle

11 Years Ago

your very welcome and thanks for the review
Nice

I have high tolerance so it didn't spook me as much

But nice find

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

SouthernBelle

11 Years Ago

thanks
Dude, this gave me chills!!!!! =O epicness!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


MissEpic2902

11 Years Ago

Omg!! Do it!! lol
SouthernBelle

11 Years Ago

i will lol
MissEpic2902

11 Years Ago

Awesome!! :D

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

129 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 9, 2012
Last Updated on October 9, 2012

Author

SouthernBelle
SouthernBelle

One Horse Town, AL



About
im southern belle from a one horse town alabama, i love to sing, dance and write of course.If you want to know more about me then become one of my friends. I don't like being called kym... You can cal.. more..

Writing