To live or not to live

To live or not to live

A Chapter by Hakeem Gibbs

“Stay inside!” Justin shouted as he opened the door.
Outside the house a small group of diseased humans were chasing the three kids Justin saw from the window.
“Hurry get in!” Justin shouted frantically gesturing towards the house. One of the boys had a large metal rod that he was using to keep the diseased humans back.
The three kids ran faster than Justin imagined was possible and he shut the door behind them. He quickly locked it and with the help of the three kids put a cabinet in front of the door.
“We have to get out of here now.” The youngest of the three said.
“It’s okay George, we blocked the door and the windows are boarded up. We’ll be safe here.” The girl ran her hand through his sandy hair. “It’s much safer than any other house around here.” She said looking at Justin.
“Thanks, I guess. I'm Justin.”
“I'm Elizabeth and this is my brother Channing.” She pointed to the older boy who was staring out the window.”
“Hey Randy, go take George into the kitchen and find him something to eat.” Justin said as Randy came into the foyer.
“Listen,” Justin began once Randy and George had left. “We have to get out of town fast.
"Yeah well where are we going to go?" Asked Channing.
"Last I heard New York was supposed to be a safe haven." Justin said as he handed Channing a water bottle.
"Thanks," Channing took a long drink and handed it to his sister. "I'm not so sure if New York is a good idea. To many people that may or may not have been vaccinated."
"The government must have more vaccinations somewhere." Elizabeth chimed in.
"Or they may have ran out when these freaks got out of control." Countered Channing,
"Either way we can't stay here for much longer." Justin said as he stood up and walked over to the window. "I don't know if these... people sleep but there seems to be less of them at night."
"Let's leave tonight?" Elizabeth said with a suggestive tone.
"Good of a night as any. The sun won't be down for about two hours but we can gather as much useful things as we can find in the meantime." Justin moved away from the window. "You guys should eat something first, I know you're probably hungry."
Justin led the way into the kitchen where Randy and George were munching on chocolate chip cookies.
"Help yourselves to what ever you can find." Justin said as he walked over to Randy.
"Listen, go back into your room and try and find anything that you forgot to pack up and bring it downstairs.


© 2012 Hakeem Gibbs


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

129 Views
Added on October 19, 2012
Last Updated on October 19, 2012


Author

Hakeem Gibbs
Hakeem Gibbs

Orlando, FL



Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Hakeem Gibbs


Think Think

A Book by Hakeem Gibbs