The day of wedding

The day of wedding

A Story by Sharada Lakshmanan
"

This talks about the deep interconnectivity between different cultures

"

Hana woke up from the sheets of her bed in the hotel room. Her kid was sleeping near her .Her husband was standing in the balcony watching the skies . The alarm had already been snoozed several times. They had arrived the previous night. She was preparing herself to roam around Valencia for few days . She wondered if she had the stamina to do so.

She was wondering of her ever active husband who did not wake her . It was then she realized that Valencia is quite sleepy and starts it day only by 8:00 AM . People warm up slowly near the breakfast buffet. The skies look very different unlike Hungary . The Mediterranean weather of Spain gave her a different feeling. She felt happy that she can sleep for an hour more. she was feeling tired .

She then woke up after a relaxed sleep , and went to the break fast buffet along with her kid.
she was picking the bread , jam , fruits and cereals. She thought about the previous night in Airport of Madrid , when they were unable to find vegetarian food . she had lot of fruits and sat along with her kid. Her kid liked the jelly , marmalade and the pastries . she was looking at the couple from London sitting nearby and  excitedly talking about the  tour that they were planning to go.

Her kid was too engrossed with the jelly .She was slowly sipping the orange juice and looked at the couples who have arrived from different parts of the world. "Spain has suddenly became a popular tourist spot " , she thought to herself.

she then moved to the lounge and was going through the magazines .

she  noticed an art fair near by and she had a quick visit . She could see a flavor of Arabian and Indian Bollywood style in the art.

she got into the tour bus for the sight seeing . she was amazed to see the art work on the railings of the apartments . They indicated a high elite boutique apartments . The weather was warm unlike the Hungarian cold weather . she moved around in white palazzos casually .

It was then the bus stopped near the cathedral square . The place where you can walk around the streets and look at the cathedral square , the cafes , buildings . she hurriedly got into the nearby café and grabbed an strawberry ice-cream for  her kid and herself. The weather was warm and she wanted to have an ice-cream.

she again moved through the streets and she heard the sound of crackers and some music. "How come people burst crackers in Valencia ?" she thought to herself . she burst crackers for Diwali in India . she turned around to see a wedding crowd .She saw the beautiful Spanish bride with a wedding gown in Golden hue and deep purple unlike the white gowns in the west. she wore elegant jewellery and she was surrounded by relatives . That was a traditional crowd which reminded her of the Indian wedding.

she pondered to herself , "she visits a wedding wherever she travels". Weddings are an auspious sign of partnership .
she remembered the Christan wedding where the bride groom kisses the bride in front of a church in New York. That was her first place to visit as part of her Voyage .
she again remembered the wedding in a small village called Siofok in Hungary where the couple got into the grand Rolls Royce Limousine .Her travels includes the wedding scenes from different cultures.  She enjoyed her rides in sophisticated Benz , which can be rented on demand  during her travel in Hungary.
she shyly moved towards the bride and wished her . She was nervous and thought " will the bride talk to a Indian girl casually".
The bride blushed and invited her to take a photo together.

It was again towards the night at her hotel she saw a stylish , hep bride .She was getting remarried along with her son standing nearby .

She then thought that , it was a day of wedding.

© 2018 Sharada Lakshmanan


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

257 Views
Added on April 12, 2018
Last Updated on April 13, 2018
Tags: travel, culture, weddings, Art

Author

Sharada Lakshmanan
Sharada Lakshmanan

Chennai, India



About
Author "Magic Of Art" , Author Of "Sleeping Queen" more..

Writing