Teddy

Teddy

A Story by La Belle Musical
"

A dark take on familly problems gone horribly wrong.

"

Teddy sits calmly upon his stool, his hat tipped low over his forehead as his coal black eyes study the carpet. His reveries are disturbed by screams and shouts from in the hallway. Unconcerned, he continues studying the carpet as if it was on display in the Louvre.

The sound of something delicate crashing to the ground causes Teddy to jumps internally, yet he remains perfectly calm and collected on the outside, even as his heart races and pounds like a heard of wild horses. The door opens with a crash and light blinds Teddy as sobbing and screaming enters his sanctuary. A warm body collides with his and he is shoved to the ground, hitting it with a soft thud as drops of blood soak into his jacket. Warm tears soak him through as small arms encircle him and hold on tight as the small body is picked up and thrown down again and again.

Teddy is squeezed tightly before falling from limp arms. Teddy hits the ground and bounces slightly as he watches the small body thrown to the ground one final time in an act of defiance. Teddy watches on, the small body not moving, the bruises weeping blood and the child’s neck stuck in an awkward position. Teddy, incapable of doing anything but bear witness to the child’s last moments on earth weeps silently.

After an impossibly long time, light once more bathes the room, but this light flickers and grows warmer and warmer as it comes closer to Teddy and the child. Finally, the light grows impossibly hot and Teddy is engulfed in flames. He watches one last time, the child’s body only now being consumed. Teddy sighs softly, as life flees his glass eyes.

© 2008 La Belle Musical


Author's Note

La Belle Musical
As always, spelling and grammar are a problem, and should be pointed out when possible.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow, that was an amazing point of view I never would have seen this situation in. Very well done describing the details from teddy. Sad, but well done.

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

100 Views
1 Review
Added on February 16, 2008
Last Updated on February 16, 2008

Author

La Belle Musical
La Belle Musical

Westmeath, Canada



About
I am extreamly opiniated and out spoken and have a nack for tearing down people's defences and getting at the roots of their writings. I am also in a current affair with all writing and am forever sea.. more..

Writing