LIFE IS LIKE A GAME OF CARDS

LIFE IS LIKE A GAME OF CARDS

A Poem by anne p. murray- LadeeAnne

 

 

 

My lost soul unwinds in full as I fight windmills in a melancholy world taking turns in a corrupted heaven pondering graceless time.

Listen…can you hear the windmills? Can you hear the end awaiting us?

Silenced by the price of everything, I ponder the future as I incorporate the fiction of this world and all the mind games that are played.

I refuse to surrender to their phony masks and all the self-serving lies they tell.  I constantly seek evidence of the reality of it all and all the chameleons that wade thru’ this land, as I try to reconstruct a world for myself to fit into, defiant with the negativity of it all, as the water rises up in my soul.

I am not bound to this Universe and the ubiquitous contrariness…

Could it all somehow have been foreseen?

Well, I’m not going to give in to it all. I may not be able to avoid the pitfalls but I can avoid falling into the holes of mankind’s evilness.

I observe all the undocumented gods as I yell out for what was, and what is to be.

 

With every touch I wrestle with a reminder of myself, smothered by all the deceit of this world, as I run from all the horrible prejudices that wear and tear at my heart. I feel the casualties of a sometimes lunatic world concealed by so many doors and so many secrets. Oh, but  I do feel burdened with the disdain of that ugly scene.

Yes, it is me who is weeping in the painted corners of my mind with these circumstances. It’s like a X-rated triple featured movie with no end in sight…announcing all the deceitful jokers who pretend to effectively run this world. It’s all a parade of unreal, fake magicians who echo the irrational, trying to convince us it’s rational with vocabulary meant to deceive. They reign with true apathy - using dishonesty inside a false monastery. Yes,  all the real kings, queens are gone. Only jokers are left in life's playing deck, as they play poker with our minds and lives.

I wait for the games to be over in lonesome appetite for honesty, love and truth, but no one wants to see what is under the ground, what is beyond our eyes. Under this mindless moon, all the black angels are musing with their superficialities and the distance between them and God’s Grace, while all the God fearing lords and ladies sit off in a corner wondering just what to do, sitting in despairing blue wraps under a superficial moon with all the characters up on the stage…reaching up towards the sky as the day darkens at every turn, as all the mind blowing games continue.

____________________________________________________________

 

                    

bY ANNE P MURRAY~ 2013

© 2013 anne p. murray- LadeeAnne


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

"My lost soul unwinds in full as I fight windmills in a melancholy world taking turns in a corrupted heaven pondering graceless time."
Wow. Some magical words of poetry along with the whole poem. Thank you for sharing this deep write...:)

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

230 Views
1 Review
Added on March 28, 2013
Last Updated on April 18, 2013
Previous Versions

Author

anne p. murray- LadeeAnne
anne p. murray- LadeeAnne

Birmingham, AL



About
I'm not an extraordinary woman, simply put... I'm just a normal, ordinary one. In my private life I am gingerly cautious with the people I meet, but fearless in the words I write. Not an extrove.. more..

Writing