THE DEADLY, FATAL KISS OF THE SPIDER WOMAN

THE DEADLY, FATAL KISS OF THE SPIDER WOMAN

A Poem by anne p. murray- LadeeAnne








After she drank his bitter wine of selfish, pathetic love, she slyly sang him her haunted chant.
"The laughs on you", she crooned in her soft malicious tune.
 
At times, she could act with chicane. She had many charms when treated well...
Deadly ones - when not. Oh yes...She herself may at times have sinned, but he-had the stain of evil, paltry love.
 
Now...Inside her gossamer labyrinth she lay... carefully, diligently spinning her web.
Revealing nothing-and everything. She'd weave her silky snare inside his heart. Laying her toxic eggs of betrayed despair, spinning her poisonous venom of painful truth - for all the lies he'd weaved. 

Oh yes...her bite is deadly now! She could have been his 'Velvet Rose'…
but, he crushed her petals rare, ending her silken dreams, with his evil malicious schemes.
Her spider's web became un-tethered, attaching itself by a single thread, to his shoddy
veil  of evil, selfish love.  Now, she is the hunter and he... the hunted.  
 
In the coming eve she'd deliver her poisonous, lethal sting. He'd be no ones lover now. Her threads would cut his miserable flesh. Her deadly venom would seal his fate…remaining nothing more, than an ancient, slithering shadow all along the castle walls.

For some time a deadly secret she doth keep, "Revenge”, she whispers while he sleeps. She was once his only lady, with ivory skin and beauty fair. She fed him nectar from her raven hair.  His betrayal seared her hemorrhaged heart. She'd warned him with many a word and fiery stares.
 
"Thou shalt not indulge in wicked fare. Be ever so watchful, do not betray, beware, where thou heart doth leave, take heed", said she, "Just who thy seed deceives". 

In her chamber dark at night, this maiden fair planned his demise with scourged nectar, bitter sweet. Stirring her venomous, poisonous treat. 
Or would dagger to his heart she’d plant and bid him die a dark and painful lingering death, upon his sleeping body that she'd leave.
 
As she crept silently into his chamber -these words she bitterly but victoriously said... 
"Thou shalt betray no more. Thou has sinned against me...taken my love in shame, betray no more", said she. Now, thou are thankfully... forever DEAD!" 

Her silken threads had cut his miserable flesh. Her deadly venom had sealed his fate. Now...he remained nothing more, than an ancient, slithering shadow...all along her castle walls.

**~*~**

"Ah revenge is sweet said she"

© 2014 anne p. murray- LadeeAnne


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

183 Views
Added on December 13, 2014
Last Updated on December 13, 2014

Author

anne p. murray- LadeeAnne
anne p. murray- LadeeAnne

Birmingham, AL



About
I'm not an extraordinary woman, simply put... I'm just a normal, ordinary one. In my private life I am gingerly cautious with the people I meet, but fearless in the words I write. Not an extrove.. more..

Writing