Enter the Lion

Enter the Lion

A Chapter by Lauren Xena Campbell
"

This is a historical fiction novel based on the life of Lionardo Di Ser Piero Da Vinci. I have tried to get it as accurate as possible however there are some gapes in my research and that of others which has been filled with my own plot.

"

The year was 1452. It was a wonderful warm April evening. The countryside was becoming alive after the winter; everything was in bloom, the air scented with pollen. The butterflies and the honeybees were in a frenzy, as where the human folk, making ready for the infants birth.

            Inside the yellow stone dwelling with its single story and chestnut beams, cries of pain erupted. A maid and a midwife rushed through the rooms bring hot water and towels to the bedside.

            The servitore, Caterina, lay by the empty grate, shivering with agony. Clenching a thin stick between her teeth, she waited in wild pain to bring forth a new life. Watching all the while, a man sat in the corner of the room, his long hair draped over his shoulders under a blue velvet cap. But this was not the father of the servitore’s b*****d. It was Antonio da Vinci, a soon to be grandfather. Patiently he sat as instructed by his son, “…to witness God’s latest miracle and to welcome…”

            And so it was, as darkness hell and the moon rose, Antonio watched the servant girl’s cries for many hours. He saw the midwifes labour, the maids distress. And finally, the bells rang out from the Ave Maria in the distance, and Caterina held her son in her arms. The maid was sent running to fetch Piero, the father, while Antonio calmly took from his pocket a travel quill and a small well used notebook. Turning to the very last page he wrote:

 

“There was born to me a grandson, the son of Ser Piero my son, on the 15th day of April, a Saturday, at the 3rd hour of the night. He bears the name Lionardo.”

 

 



© 2008 Lauren Xena Campbell


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow I enjoyed this very much, I can't wait to read the rest :)

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Enjoyed very much the two chapters you have written, and look forward to reading more as I enjoy reading about Da Vinci. You have started wonderfully.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Hello Lauren I will be reading this I am on blackberry BB now
I cannot read carefully I am not at home, though
thank you for reviewing One Day dear. xxx yours lara

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Another wonderfully descriptive piece, you are very good at those, and your spelling has improved greatly, apart from a missing "e" I couldnt see anything out of place, very well done.
A hearty Congratulations on a great piece, I look forward to reading the rest soon :)




Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Good strong descriptions, I have no idea if this is based on factual info, but I enjoyed the idea,
and the scene of arrival!


Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Hey there lauren, I like this piece!

Theres very strong feelings of more to the picture, part of a bigger story and thats great.

Plus written beautifully so thats always a good thing :]

Keep writing...I know you will!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

412 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 6, 2008
Last Updated on February 6, 2008


Author

Lauren Xena Campbell
Lauren Xena Campbell

Somewhere on the edge of the imagination



About
Dreams are not made to be broken, but are created in the heart to write destiny! I've always loved making up stories and putting words down onto paper, despite the fact that I only really learnt to.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..