The Descendant

The Descendant

A Story by Lalaek
"

Xander is a discontent vampire watching the world pass him by until he encounters the most unusual mortal he's ever seen.

"

    He pulled away from the recently dead corpse wiping her blood from his lips, feeling his self-disgust rising. A monster of monsters, evil of evil, he existed merely to kill, an immortal's life yet a mortals consistence a flawed vampire. He hated everything about his existence, the need, the desire for blood, the endless time spent and oh how he missed the day. With the flow of time and in this most modern decade he could see the sun many ways without it harming him, yet nothing compared to what he could only vaguely remember. Despondent he set out again, the days melded together and he could no longer remember what day it had been, that last killing that is. He walked out choosing a park this time perhaps hoping for a younger treat tonight, whatever he had been looking for was forgotten when a sweet, addicting smell hit his senses. It was a girl he realized turning to look at her, she was taller than most perhaps 5'9" without her heeled boots, brown hair fell to just bellow her shoulders and glasses framed intelligent brown eyes.

    Visually she was well proportioned; a sturdy young woman nothing like the stickling that other girls her age seemed to think was attractive. No this girl was quietly attractive with a kind face and full lips, it was her sent that attracted him though, a soul so full of life and blood that sang with it. He followed her; curious to see what a mortal like this was like, unwilling to taint her, just yet. It appeared that she was on her way home, a small single apartment, yet she surprised him upon entering, every mortal he had seen would turn on every light as they progressed through their home, an old habit of dispelling demons, this girl didn't. She placed a hand on the wall for direction yet it was obvious in her every movement that she knew her way without the guide. Why would she trek through her house without sight? It was an odd thing; did it have something to do with her tantalizing scent? He silently entered the house after her, his eyes fine in the dark yet she looked right over him in the pitch blackness. She seemed to reach her destination flicking on a light switch finally, her bedroom he realized giving into the desire to confront her. Reaching out a hand he gripped her shoulder,

    "Do not scream and I will not harm you." he whispered, voice soft and friendly. She turned looking at him curiously; there was no fear in those brown eyes.

    "Any interesting prospect. Are you saying that you intended me harm?" She asked curiously, "I must say I never intended to scream." she added as if it were an after thought. He stared at her, no one had ever reacted like this to him, and perhaps she did not realize the plight she was in. He barred his fangs at her his eyes taking on red streaks through crystal blue.

    "And what if I did intend to harm you?" He asked, despite his loathing of his kind and himself he had long accepted that he would rather live than starve to death.

    "I would say what are you waiting for?" She replied with a serene smile, he was again taken aback.

    "You should not throw away your life so lightly." He said with a sneer. She laughed,

    "You are assuming that I am happy with my life, when in truth I am bored with it." She said waving a hand around the room, "I go to school so I may hold a job that will support me in life, I have a boyfriend whom I will most likely end up spending my life with, I will have children and live for them, them will grow older, I will grow older and I will die. Such a boring waste of time." she continued watching him glower at her.

    "You think that you would do better with immortality to experience these things?" He demanded, "Having to kill to keep your existence..."

    "So?" she interrupted now looking ant him intently, "Why would killing be any different than the way I sustain my existence now? I consume the flesh and blood of dead animals. Why is your consummation of blood any different? Because you feed off of humans? Who by prospect of evolution have a higher thought function and a soul? Who's to say animals don't have souls? Merely because we cannot speak with them they are below us? And what about chimpanzees, monkeys in general who are just below us in intelligence levels? There are cultures that eat them. And what about pigs? Who are the closest to us in muscle development and skin structure, I don't know about you but I and most of the human population enjoy a good ham." she ranted stepping closer to him with each word. Shattering all the excuses he used to feed his guilt, the worst of it was she made sense.

    "I..." He said but could find no words for the beautiful creature in front of him, his bloodlust hitting him hard as he saw the color in her cheeks. He raised a hand to touch that warmth, that life. She leaned into his touch eyes locked on his,

    "Would you take my life then?" she asked as his hand moved lower stroking her neck, moving her hair away, the other hand wrapped around her waist.

    "I would have you." He whispered heatedly, licking at her neck savoring how her breath hitched.

    "Ah, but you must have one or the other. Take my life and turn me, or take what you want and kill me. There is no in between." she whispered, looking at him.

    "Why did you walk without the light?" He asked pulling away mere inches from her lips, she smiled.

    "Because, I wanted to experience life from another point of view." she replied, He gave in. Kissing her deeply biting those lips, staining both their mouths with blood he moved to her neck draining her to the point of death. Then his delicately cut his own wrist allowing the blood to flow from him to her. It took mere moments yet he waited feeling anxiety like he had never felt before. Her eyes opened again still brown but a crystalline intensity that was shared thought their kind.

    "Ah my love, you may have your prize now." She purred looking around her and stopping to focus on him, she shone with a different life now but somehow it was no less intense. Have her he did, with a passion that he had not felt since the last days of his mortality. Lost in their own world he did not think to keep track of the time, only aware when light glittered through her window. He pulled away from her, noting her frown of displeasure,

    "Dawn comes," he said watching the growing light with horror. She smiled and pulled him closer,

    "Yes it does." she said in agreement, "Tell me love would you know a secret?" he looked at her in confusion as she whispered in his ear, "You were my first."  The thought of taking his prize first and only for the rest of their eternity did undeniable things to his body but now was not the time, the sun! There would be no eternity if they stayed in its rays!

    "Love please the sun..." he whispered and she glared at him, releasing her hold she shoved him away.

    "Fine then. Give into your fear, I will show you by example!" she hissed angrily standing, not a thread of cloth around her and yanked the curtain open. He shouted, only realizing now that he didn't even know her name yet, she had such a power over him. The light bathed her skin, pale skin but not the alabaster of a regular vampire he realized now that all through the night she had still been warm. The life in her?

    "I do not understand." he whispered in awe, never had a vampire stood in the light the way she was now. She smiled and held out a hand, he took it with no hesitation stepping into the light with her, expecting the burn that never came.

    "How did you know?" he asked looking at her in awe. She smiled again,

    "Ah, should I reveal all secrets to you so soon love? I think it is best we discover them. Don't you?" she replied pressing her naked form to him. He smiled kissing her softly. Yes that was something worth waiting an eternity for; she was worth waiting an eternity for.

-Fin-
To be continued?

 

© 2009 Lalaek


Author's Note

Lalaek
... I have nothing to say really. XD
Except that this spawned after I watched Interview with a Vampire for the first time ever last night. <3
I now have the urge to read about vampires... lots and lots. XD
I was going to put some more mature stuff in... but I fail at writing het-smut apparently. =D
Use your imagination. XD

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Quietly entertaining.
I was waiting for something in the nature of conflict and or action to occur. Who is the descendant, and from what?

I await the next installment to have my questions answered.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

321 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on November 16, 2009

Author

Lalaek
Lalaek

Charlton , MA



About
I am a reclusive person by nature, large crowds of unfamiliar people tend to make me very uncomfortable however that isn't to say that I don't enjoy meeting new people quite the opposite really. I hav.. more..

Writing
Wrestling Sheep Wrestling Sheep

A Story by Lalaek