Chapter 1:

Chapter 1:

A Chapter by LameAbigail

Chapter 1
My life fell apart when my best friend died. He was the only one who was there for me. He's the only one I would speak to. Maddox had Cancer, ‘pleomorphic xanthroastrocytoma’ to be more exact, (it's pronounced plee-o-morf-ick zan-throw-astro-sigh-toe-ma). Basically, the cancer caused the Astrocytes in the brain to not function properly. Anyway, he was my rock. And now my rocks gone, and I have nothing to lean on.
I haven't gone to school in almost a week now, since he was the only thing that encouraged me to go. I've been getting condolence letters in the mail from people I've never met or talked to before. Someone from school named Kailey Knox sent me this huge letter about how it's okay, and how her grandmother died of pneumonia but “it's basically the same thing as what your friend had”. Oh come on, barf. My mom keeps bringing me food, but the plates really just pile up until she comes in at the end of the day to find I've only taken a few bites off of one plate.
“Addy, c’mon honey, I know you're sad, I get it. But you have to eat or else you're gonna get sick.”
“From what I've tasted, the lasagna is pretty good. Maybe add in a little more mozzarella next time,”
“You only took-“ she looks at the plate closer, “-what? Two bites? How would you know if the cheese to sauce to noodle to meat ratio is off?” She laughs, and I manage to force out a smile.
“Any requests for breakfast in the morning?”
“Anything you guys want.” I answer.
With a disappointed look on her face, she exits the room saying “Well, I'll go ask your brothers,” she finally speaks up, “goodnight sweetie.”
“G’night.”
I curl up into the covers, I stretch out my legs but something is balled up under the sheets. I manage to scoot whatever the thing is up with my foot and knee and I pull it out to see what it is.
“Oh my�"“ I sigh.
Holding it in my hand, I bring it closer to me as I cuddle it and begin to cry. The hoodie strings wrap around my hand and I smell his Hollister cologne, a signature scent for Maddox. I don't know how his hoodie ended up under my sheets, but I put it on without question. I miss him so much, and I realize that Maddox is never going to show up at my window for late night chats about WWII, Hell's Kitchen, or the newest season of OITNB, (all of which were favorite topics of his). I remember one night;

It was the middle of December, and It was really cold outside, so instead of him sitting on my windowsill he came inside really quietly to sit down on my bed. We talked for hours about ruby rose and her new character on orange is the new black, and how she was perfect for the part. We talked about all of our late school assignments and how Mr.Peters was never going to check our essays due at the end of class the following day. What sticks out the most about that night was when Maddox turned to me and asked “hey addy, if we grow up, living our awesome lives, and we aren't both in relationships at 30, do you want to get married?”
“Yeah, sure, I guess.” I said without thinking about it.

I don't remember what happened after that, probably because I fell asleep. I woke up and Maddox was gone, he probably went home around 3am that night. I miss him so much already, and I know the feeling is only going to increase over time. My chest hurts, from crying so much, and my eyes burn. I curl up into my pillow with Maddox's hoodie�" and I fall asleep.


© 2016 LameAbigail


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Author's Note

LameAbigail
Leave any feedback :))

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I liked the first chapter!! I think the concept is very interesting and I cannot wait to read more!!


Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

60 Views
1 Review
Added on September 21, 2016
Last Updated on September 21, 2016


Author

LameAbigail
LameAbigail

New York City, NY



About
Hello, I'm Abigail. more..

Writing