Chapter 1: I'm Practically Disowned

Chapter 1: I'm Practically Disowned

A Chapter by LamiaCor

PROLOGUE:

 

I gasped, my eyes flying open while feeling my heart jumped out of my ribcage as the sudden shock passed through my body.

“What?” I mumbled, blinking in confusion. As I looked around, I started to panic, realizing the house I was in…wasn’t mine.

 I looked down and froze. This couch isn’t ours either!


“M-mom?” I called, shakily getting off the sofa as I tied up my midnight hair in a ponytail. Looking down at myself, I was still wearing the same clothes before that happened.


Last thing I can think of seeing was mom making me some mushroom soup then after a few minutes, I fell asleep on the couch.


Anyway, I still wore the same black jeans and a white tank top hidden under an all too big black sweater that covered my hands and blue fluffy slippers to complete my awesome fashionista look.


I looked around, studying the house. It was kinda like our home in Twinleaf town. Only, this house was much bigger.


Right now, I seemed to be in the living room that had a carpeted floor and kept a comfy cream colored sofa and other similarly fluffy chairs facing a fireplace big enough to keep two Blastoises inside.


At my right was a tall staircase that led up to the second floor which I couldn’t really see well thanks to the wooden railings.


I then looked outside and felt the panic in me rise even more.


That wasn’t our garden! Heck, mom can’t even keep one plant alive for an entire week! 

But the garden outside was beautiful, there were trees and flowers of all kinds that kept some unknown pokémon happy.


I squinted my eyes, wondering what pokémon was playing with the familiar Butterfree outside with the sun shining greatly.


The mysterious pokémon looked like a fox cub. Only this one was yellow and red with tufts of fur protruding from its big ears. It also had giant eyes that simply made me smile. 


How cute. Whatever you are.


Wait a minute. Unknown house, unknown pokémon….a garden that’s alive?!


I gripped the sides of my head, the panic finally going to overdrive in me.


“WHERE IS THIS PLACE?!” I shouted in frustration.


“What? What?!” a familiar soprano voice called in alarm. 


I blinked and saw my mother come out from the kitchen holding a pokeball in her hand.


I blinked, really confused now. “Mom?”


My mother, Analise Eden looked a lot like me. Actually, you could say we’re practically twins.


We both had long, straight black hair, the same height of 5’4, similar blue green eyes. 


But the only difference is, my mom was gorgeous. She had very fair skin and not a blemish in sight. To be frank, I sometimes think she’s actually still a teen like me. She was a real woman. (Unlike me who was a complete tomboy.)


“Where are we?” I asked, looking around the strange house. 

Mom blinked at me, carefully approaching as she put the pokeball on the couch behind me.

 

“Ah, how should I tell you this…” she trailed off, biting her lower lip, something she does when she feels anxious. I knit my brows at her suspiciously.


“Mom?” I asked. “Where are we?” I asked once more, starting to feel nervous about what she was gonna say.


“Ah, we moved to Kalos my dear.” She said with a small, nervous smile. “We’re in Vaniville town.”


At that new information, the world suddenly whirled around me as I staggered around the floor.


Mom was about to say something to try and soother me but I beat her to it and with all my breath, I screamed;

“WHAAAAAAT?!”

 


CHAPTER 1:

 

Usually I’m not really this panicked. I’m actually a really calm person. But moving to Kalos?! Mom has officially lost her mind.


“M-mom, you’re kidding right?!” I practically screamed, wilting down the couch with my face as cold as a Glaceon’s fur.


Mom simply giggled at me, heading back to the kitchen with a smile on her face.


“What’s so funny?” I growled with annoyance, pulling my head up as a vein popped in my head. 


How can someone laugh at another’s frustration? She’s really a unique mother.

 

“Well, I told you we were going somewhere.” She said, walking into her room. 


I blinked, trying to remember if she mentioned anything about moving. To Kalos. Another region.


As I squinted my eyes, trying to remember the memory finally came sprinting back to me and hitting me on the chin as my jaw fell.

 

Sarah dear, we’re going somewhere after this huh.” mom said with a happy smile as she put china plates into a large box.


And after that came the mushroom soup. My jaw fell as unintelligible sounds rushed out.


 That wasn’t telling me anything! Those were just hints, how was I supposed to know the chaos that was gonna happen after that?!


Did she drug the soup or something?! I don’t remember feeling us getting on a plane!” I thought, my head crazily screaming. Suddenly, I remembered my friends.


Yeah, they have something to do with this. 


The day before all of them were unusually giving me all kinds of gifts as while we reminisced about our crazy ‘bonding times’ like when that angry Staraptor chased us all the way to the next town. 


Usually reminiscing is not something we do while crying and saying goodbye.

 

I shook my head, my brow twitching.


“Mom, what exactly are we doing in Kalos?! You never told me any of this!” I yelled angrily as she started making that devious mushroom soup again. 


I stomped towards her and she stared at me with a serious face.


Suddenly, her face went dark and evil, making me shudder and stagger back.


“Do you not remember what you promised me after you lost three of my pokémon?” she asked in a deadly, venomous voice that made me cringe.

 

Ah yes, I forgot to mention, I’m horrible at keeping other people’s pokémon. 


Those slippery guys just manage to get away from me every time!


And losing my mother’s pokémon was just plainly the least I could ever do in my life. 


You see, my mom used to be a pokémon trainer. She loved pokémon as much as her life and wanted to become the Sinnoh champion. But instead, she met my dad Charlie Eden who was another trainer.


And after they met, y’know the drill.


Love at first sight, dating and getting married. You wouldn’t think that since both of them wanted to become champions, they wouldn’t forget about the Pokemon league. But no. they were too in love. Tch.


The first pokémon I lost was my mom’s Eevee, (that mischievous little thing that always made me run around in circles, literally.)  Second was her Buneary  (she was just plain stubborn. She hated me.) And lastly, her Chatot (no, just. No.) which was the final straw for her.


And another funny thing.


I don’t have any pokémon. That’s right. I’m pokemonless. 


Even though I’m 15 and my friends tease me for not having any pokémon at all, I just…never wanted pokémon.


Yeah, you must be screaming; “What?! Your parents are pokémon trainers that love those little guys! How can you not want pokémon?! Are you adopted perhaps?!”


Well, to answer the first question, I’m kind of in the middle of wanting and not wanting pokémon. 


One side of me wants pokémon so badly that I wanna kill someone for one. But one side of me just couldn’t go to professor Rowan and ask for a starter pokémon. 


Maybe it’s because of the trauma I had of losing mom’s pokémon or maybe I just didn’t want to see another angry Staraptor in my life.


(By the way, I’m sure I’m not adopted. I checked my birth certificate.)



I stared at mom then pouted stubbornly, averting my eyes from my demonic mother.


“What….what promise? I never made such a thing!” I yelled.


Unexpectedly, my mom hit me with the silver ladle (that was quite heavy), making me fall to the floor, rubbing my head as my crocodile tears welled up in my eyes. Her personality has changed drastically...Oh, boy.



“Owww.” I whined as I looked up at mom’s seething form. 


You must’ve thought mom’s this nice and sweet mother. Hell no. Get her mad and you’ll wish you could teleport into the next planet.


“You little…” she hissed, her eyes gleaming with annoyance.


“You promised to be the next pokémon champion!” she yelled, pointing the ladle at my face. “It was a promise! You can’t go back on it!”


I blinked at her. I said that? I made a promise?! Why did I do that?! What the hell Sarah?!


I have a problem with promises. To me, those things are meant to be broken even though my family prides itself on great promises. Nah, I don’t roll that way.


Right when I was about to tell her I never told her such a thing, I suddenly remembered. My 14th birthday party. 


It was June 6th and we were celebrating when mom saw that her Chatot was missing. When I confessed my crime, she got so made I was afraid I was gonna disowned. Before I knew it, I screamed;


“I’LL BE THE NEXT POKEMON CHAMPION, ALRIGHT?!”

 


At the memory, the edge of my mouth twitched as the cold sweat dropped down my chin. How can I be so forgetful?


“Oh…right.” I simply replied in defeat.


Mom harrumphed and before I could say something, she started up the stairs while I just sat there, dumbfounded and waiting for what was gonna happen to me.

 


After a while, mom came stomping down the stairs carrying my favorite black backpack stuffed with things.


She then threw it to me, making my eyes grow wide as she pulled me up and pushed me to the door.


“Wait! Wait! What did I do?! Your Butterfree is right outside! I didn’t do anything! I didn’t lose another pokémon!” I screamed, forcing myself to stay inside the house by pushing on the doorways with all my might.



But right then, our pet Skitty jumped up to my face, squeaking; “Nyaa, nyaa!”

 

And then to my utter shock and feeling of betrayal, she bit my left hand, making me shriek with pain and let go of the doorway and before I knew it, I was lying on the patio, face down with all my dignity pulled out of me.


I pulled my face up, practically crying. “Mom you’re so mean.” I muttered. 


After a second, mom appeared in front of me and placed my black sneakers in front of my face.


“From today on, you’ll be a pokémon trainer.” She said, her voice not wavering even by the tiniest bit as she glared down at me.


“The scientist in Kalos is in Lumiose city and he’s an old friend of mine.” She explained. 

“There are also new trainers waiting in Aquacorde town. Go ahead and meet them, they’ll explain everything to you on the way to Lumiose.”  


Aqua what? Lumiose?! 


What are those names?! I have no idea what this region is like! I don’t know any pokémon here or anyone for that matter! I was practically kidnapped by my mother!


Mom sighed at me, scratching the back of her with anxiety.


“Also, it’s time for you to be responsible. You do nothing but watch TV in your room or read books. You’re practically a freeloader in this house.” she said, glaring lasers at me. 


I flinched, really feeling laser being punched into me.



With that, Skitty gave me a last “Nyaa!” and skipped back inside the house, jumping up the comfy sofa and seemingly taunting me with her comfort.


I blinked at her, wide eyed as she stomped back into the house and slamming the door in my face.


With my shoes in my arms and my pack strapped to my back, my eye twitched.


Unbelievable. My mother’s insane.

 

“No…wait.” I called, pulling myself up with wobbly legs as I pulled on the door. 


I blinked. It’s not opening. 


I twisted the knob again and when I just got a taunting squeak, I pounded on the door, biting my lower lip as my heart beat crazily. This can’t be happening.



“MOM! MOM! MOMMY!!” I screamed, finally losing my cool image in front of a little kid that just stared at me with horrified eyes like I was some escaped nutter. 


Well, I might as well have been after this situation.


When she didn’t answer, I rummaged through my pack. Key! I have my own key!


Practically throwing out the clothes mom gave, I started to tear up when I didn’t see that beautiful golden key mom gave me before.


She took it!


“How could you?!” I whimpered, leaning my head on the door with a THUMP!


Ah, I have no choice. Mom’s made up her mind anyway. And when that’s happened, there’s nothing more I can do but just go to aqua town. Or whatever it’s called.


I put on my sneakers with a heavy sigh, placing my fluffy slippers next to the door as I fixed my pack and pulled myself up, ready to leave.


I then left the patio, Butterfree hovering up to me with a sad look in its bug eyes. I gave him a small smile, petting his head.


“You wanna come along?” I asked quietly. Butterfree did nothing but push his head onto my cheek, making me giggle.


Pokémon really are the best. 


And seeing Butterfree act like this, something pierced my heart. Either it was anger and betrayal for mom throwing me out like this, or my family blood of pokémon trainers pumping in my veins.


The feeling of having at least someone be this worried and sad that you’re leaving…as actually a very nice feeling. 


I wanted pokémon. And at the back of my head, there was a voice saying it might not be so bad to explore Kalos.

 

With a grit of my teeth, I growled and stomped on the grass, angry and annoyed as my eyes got wet.


“FINE!” I yelled, my heart pumping like mad. 


“I’LL GET MY OWN POKEMON! I’LL BE THE BEST TRAINER THERE EVER WAS IN KALOS! I’LL BE THE CHAMPION! AND WHEN I COME BACK WITH AWESOME POKEMON, YOU’LL BE BUYING ME AN ENTIRE CHOCOLATE CAKE!”


After my final words and Butterfree staring at me with the same wet eyes, I rubbed my eyes of the threatening tears and gave Butterfree a goodbye hug before stomping towards the green gates that must’ve been the entrance to the way to Aqua town.


“I’ll get pokémon. I will.” I said with gritted teeth and a matching annoyance to go with it.



© 2014 LamiaCor


Author's Note

LamiaCor
Just had to get this story out of my system. Hope you guys give me comments!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

174 Views
Added on May 12, 2014
Last Updated on May 12, 2014
Tags: comedy, Pokemon, fan fiction, adventure, romance


Author

LamiaCor
LamiaCor

Philippines



About
Hello~ IMPORTANT: JUST TO MAKE SURE THE PEOPLE THAT'VE READ MY STORIES, I ALSO HAVE ACCOUNTS IN WATTPAD-LamiaCor ,FANFICTION- NoctisFlame, BOOKSIE-shiningexotic66 Shawol, ELF, Bana, .. more..

Writing