Damian Maldyn Scene Sample

Damian Maldyn Scene Sample

A Chapter by Larkynz
"

Sampler scene.

"

Damian Maldyn sat heavily into the chair. It was barely noon, but he was already exhausted. This council meeting would surely put him over the edge, he was confident. But he could not miss it, would not miss it. His father had done him a great honour by allowing him to sit in on council meetings. Although he couldn't speak unless spoken to, he took it very seriously, and coveted it like the honour it was.

            He stifled a series of yawns as the lords and commanders finally began to enter the room. He began to count them off, one by one as they entered. There was Matthew Vandar, the one they call the Ebon Knight; Jonathan Gyre, the infamous pirate knight; Adriana Marite, the head of the matriarchal House Marite; Jericho Zerith, the malevolent lord of the Blood Vale; Yamato Takeshi, newly established lord of his House; Lucius Raynes, the military's Grand General; and all the rest.

            Finally, with some pomp from the guards at the door, his father entered. Emperor Mathias Maldyn. Damian observed him briefly, as he walked to his seat at the head of the table. His straight brown hair slightly disheveled, as it always was; his beard trimmed short, with a slight goatee; his green eyes heavy with fatigue and unrest. Damian concluded that he had seen his father in better states, the only part of him that looked regal was his attire. His armour was golden, engraved with the heraldry of the Imperial Eagle; the golden crown sporting eagle wings; and a cloak dyed a rich azure.

            The Emperor took his seat, and the council began.

            "Today, I gather you all for one matter, one matter that cannot wait any longer. The Exiles have returned," the Emperor said to the assembly, letting this information, which had previously only been a rumour, settle in.

            "They were banished over a thousand years ago, your Grace, we had always known that sooner or later, they would be back," Matthew Vandar said, "My ancestors personally oversaw the extermination of their forces, and the exile of the family."

            "House Tordai will never again rejoin the Empire, if that is what this meeting is about, your grace," Lady Adriana Marite said.

            "House Tordai has dragons," the Emperor said. He let that sink in.

            Damian quickly sobered up upon hearing this. Dragons, he thought, could the stories be true? For ten-thousand years, longer than the reign of the Empire, the dragons have slept. Have the Exiles found a way to awaken them?



© 2015 Larkynz


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Very good imagery with your choice of words, it is easy to read as the lines fit and flow together and it is a nice story line, but I must say I have read many stories very much like yours. I hope you have some kind of twist to make yours different from the rest? I have bookmarked your story and hope that you continue with this story as I will gladly be reading it.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Larkynz

9 Years Ago

Yes, I'm hoping to have a decent amount of twists. As per usual amateur writers, I've gone a bit ove.. read more



Reviews

Very good imagery with your choice of words, it is easy to read as the lines fit and flow together and it is a nice story line, but I must say I have read many stories very much like yours. I hope you have some kind of twist to make yours different from the rest? I have bookmarked your story and hope that you continue with this story as I will gladly be reading it.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Larkynz

9 Years Ago

Yes, I'm hoping to have a decent amount of twists. As per usual amateur writers, I've gone a bit ove.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

303 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 31, 2015
Last Updated on March 31, 2015


Author

Larkynz
Larkynz

NH



Writing