The Dragon

The Dragon

A Story by LastMonth
"

Tragedy is a matter of proportions. What some see as minor, others can't recover from.

"

There was a Kingdom, set in a stone, a land of craftsman, who'd their abilities hone. A land that flourished, mighty and great, yet some would say it was mistreated by fate.  A lovely Queen, tall and proud, she had a heck a of a bosom, but don't be loud.


Their land was vast and generous, littered with peasants. They worked all day, some even found it pleasant. Their warriors were noble, famous and true. Their weapons were their bodies, brown in their hue. 



Yet there was a calamity, disastrous to most. It was too great, even for their mighty host. Green scales, impregnable and shiny, they made the biggest of berserkers look so darn tiny. The worst part of all, was that 

it could fly, through the skies it would soar, from their defenders it did not shy.


The Kingdom was vast, beautiful and opulent. On that particular day, the Queen and her lover were just about to consummate.  The Alarms were sound, the beast was unleashed. The Generals rose, their legs shaky, and their hearts breezed.


Not a breath of fire, but the suffocation of the lungs, For the dragon spew water, ending the elderly, woman and young. The males who were strong, and could hold out last, went for the offensive, for one last burst.

It did them no good, and they were removed at last indeed, the Dragon had come, it had come to feed.

The queen died last, this is not the happiest of prose.

And the Dragon..? Well, it was just a little kid spraying with a Hose. 

© 2016 LastMonth


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is VERY clever. Personally I would lay it out in a different style, more along the lines of verses, to suit the poetry in the text. it helps the reader to follow the flow and helps to set breathing spaces. This could easily be made into a book for children (with just a few tiny alterations, mainly the choice of word 'bosom'.)
Overall.. Brilliant


Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

LastMonth

8 Years Ago

Oh come on! Kids know what a bosom is! Heck, they could probably teach me and you some new words. :).. read more
MAD ENGLISHMAN

8 Years Ago

Ha ha ha ha ha yes you are probably right. Some parents can be a bit funny though.



Reviews

Great story. I couldn't help but laugh at the ending. Thank you for sharing!
~Hannah Grace

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Hi I don't know if anyone has pointed out the odd typo.
Am I the only one seeing it? ( I copied and pasted - it shows there are lines missing from the story above.)

Check your story and see whats going on. It might be your word possessor you are using.
porportions - proportions
(Bits missing) even Their land was vast ........... (Capital E - Even starting a sentence with a Cap)
painted in a musky .brown hue (Misplaced full stop)

Your story has potential and I felt it still needs work. Some sentences were too long and had too much to say. They could be made shorter and have more of a punch. Also writing the story in Rhyme might produce a much better poem. The story itself has a great feel. I will read some more of your writing..

Blessings El

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

LastMonth

8 Years Ago

Thank you very much for the review.
It's actually been very helpful!
I've written this.. read more
Elmarie

8 Years Ago

My pleasure. I see it looks much better. I'm in a bit of a rush right now but will stop back late.. read more
Great , I enjoy your luxuriate writing. May the stars watch over you Last Month.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

LastMonth

8 Years Ago

Thanks for the review friend.
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
ZJC
Great story, had me laughing at the very end of it. Also, the ability to rhyme and still create a descriptive background is truly a unique talent that you possess. Looking forward to more writings of yours

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

LastMonth

8 Years Ago

Thanks mate! I appreciate your review, I'll return the favor.
Your book has been a blast so f.. read more
ZJC

8 Years Ago

Thank you, appreciate the kind words. Very thankful for you taking the time to read the work
Ha-ha! It reminds you how small or large we can be as organisms depending on which scale we're looking at. This is very interesting, humourous, and anxiety provoking.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

LastMonth

8 Years Ago

Thank you for the review!
Yeah, scale is all a matter of porportions. What to us seem insign.. read more
oooo taht ending! never saw that coming. now you're talking my language :)
a really good one LM. haha great imagination, my friend. and always in your unique rhymed style.
well done LM.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

LastMonth

8 Years Ago

Thanks a bunch!
Glad you liked it, I've had this in my mind for the whole day. How awful of a.. read more
Woody

8 Years Ago

haha if you do that at work then that's fine.
You did really good here! I loved the rhyme weaved into your storytelling. Not many people can pull that off and pull it off well! I thought your ending was so cute! You are a very good writer! Keep up the good work!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

LastMonth

8 Years Ago

Thank you very much for the kind review Melissa!
Glad you liked it!
MelissaAndres

8 Years Ago

You are welcome. And I did, very much! :)

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

725 Views
17 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on May 9, 2016
Last Updated on May 14, 2016

Author

LastMonth
LastMonth

Tiberias, The Southern Galil, Israel



About
I like writing, I suppose. English is not my native tongue, I picked it up at school and mostly improved it through computers. In my early 20's and would appreciate thoughtful and impactful review.. more..

Writing
The Clock The Clock

A Story by LastMonth



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..





Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5