Remember My Name

Remember My Name

A Poem by Latoria Sheppard

There's a part of me that didn't finish high school. I wake up a little too cool and way off schedule. Gave my brain a blunt and found myself a little too much to handle.
There's a part of me that never made it to 21. Drinking liquor before I knew what today was and here I am on my way to the early grave cuz I pushed myself toward pills and weed oh and don't forget the riches and bling.
There's a part of me that is still hospitalized, compartmentalized, and too far down life's road to turn back now. I wife fame and power here my voice holler as I scream to walls down crack alley halls and no one has heard my name.
Can you picture this part of me the one underneath bedded sheets cause my monsters became to real. I made a deal with an angel but who knew he was working for the devil. I placed myself on a whole other level forgetting I'm afraid of heights. My dreams too big while my thoughts seems small-minded. We are blinded by the truth.
There's a part of me that still remembers my youth. The lightening bugs, the corner store drugs, and Sunday dinners with a grand-mama hug. I still remember the time innocence was new and friends were a few. Called the cops just to stop the violence and ended my a*s in jail. I remember being put down before lights out and my mama raising hell. tag teaming to caught a flick and wondering how many chicks I could get just by spitting game. And just think no one can remember my name.
You're going to have to deep throat this s**t just follow and believe me you need to swallow hard! Cause I gave my last buck for a f**k and here I stand shallow and broken. I am nothing more than my Master's token.
There's a part of me that is not the same and all you have to do is remember my name!
#FreestylePoetry

© 2016 Latoria Sheppard


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

173 Views
Added on May 24, 2016
Last Updated on May 24, 2016