Lago

Lago

A Story by Lauren Slavin
"

How submerged will you become?

"

If you take a stroll through the dense woodland of Dementasset, you will eventually reach the Lake and how magnificent it is. The lake itself is of a crystal clear manner, and the water itself is ice cool and caressing. The grass around the lake is of a Jade green shade and there is no sound to be heard but gentle birdsong. The sun breaks through he cover of the canopy of trees, basking the lake in it's warm rays. At night, the moon and stars reflect off the inky blackness of the lake's surface, creating an intangible dimension. That is the problem with the vast elegance and beauty of the lake, people tend to lose themselves, find themselves slipping from reality's grasp. They become too obsessed with finding solace in the breathtaking scenery. They lose touch with society and become submerged into an empty minded state, like their mind has simply been washed away with a wave of amnesia.

In rare occasions, people visit the lake and never come back... The people that do emerge from the depths of the forest are never the same after finding the lake. They always seem distant and far away. These people are known as the "waterlogged". They walk around, carrying out their day to day lives normally, however they're missing any emotion, and seem to be in a constant daydreaming state.

The story is that the lake is cursed by Lago, the old witch who lived in the forest. One day on a walk, she came across the unseen magnificence of the Lake. Fascinated and obsessed, she came back on a daily basis to just sit and find herself being carried away by waves of tranquility. However one night, she was sitting so close to the edge, so carried away with the quiet that she fell in, breaking through the jet blackness of the surface of water. She eventually drowned... It is said however before she drowned, she rose to the surface of the water and cast a curse on the lake as a consequence of fooling her and becoming the cause of her death. The curse Lago enforced deemed the minds of any future visitors to simply wash away, drowning their thoughts and pulling away their sense of emotion. The minds of the victims would drown out their surroundings and they would become lost in the lake, just like you, my dear reader, have become...

© 2013 Lauren Slavin


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

130 Views
Added on December 17, 2013
Last Updated on December 17, 2013
Tags: horror, fantasy, mystery

Author

Lauren Slavin
Lauren Slavin

Newhaven, South East, United Kingdom



Writing