Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Ashley B.
"

Setting the scene for the book. Short, sweet and to the point.

"

Earth: 2045, December 12


Like any normal day across the world, people were going to work, to school and simply enjoying their daily lives.  That is, until the skies were littered with missiles.  They ravaged cities, carving caverns in towns, and destroyed all life in the area.  For the people living in those areas, there were no sirens.  No warnings of the disaster about to take place, just the sound of missiles hitting building after building.  From the screens of any survivors from outlying cities, smoke plumed, and fires burned.  No one believed it had happened.  How could they not know that thousands of missiles had been launched?  Why wasn't there some type of warning?  And why was it only certain cities that were affected?  No one had any answers.


Earth: 2047, December 12


A distraught Earth was left in fear of itself. The world came to a halt as countries stopped trading with one another.  There were always talks of war, but they would never happen, everyone was too afraid to instigate each other and end up losing everything.  Then, like in an old fairy tale where help arrives at the last minute, came the United Order.  They were an underground group formed from people around the world who had gained popularity over the past two years and finally erupted to a point of leadership over the Earth on December 12, 2047.  However, the people were split in their views of this strange new leadership, the believers and the skeptics.  The believers felt the Order were their saviors during these dark days and would restore the Earth to its former glory.  The skeptics however, thought it was too much of a coincidence that they made their public announcement on the same day the attack happened.  Again, they got no answers.


Nonetheless, Earth slowly started to rebuild itself.  Many skeptics turned to believers after the Order made one of the greatest finds of their time.  An unlimited supply of neoplasm, a substance that was once only available to the extremely wealthy.  Neoplasm is a material which can be used in upgrading anything, from daily uses like pens which, when upgraded with neoplasm, would never run out of ink, to whole buildings, allowing them to have an unlimited supply of electricity.  The Earth thrived on this new material, and it became a common trade item which brought the countries back together.  Countries, with the funds to do so, could also export this good across the cosmos to ally planets.  The money that came from the neoplasm also helped fund the largest project the Earth worked on as a whole: the Safe-Zones. 


The Safe-Zones were cities the Order created as a sign to the people that we should work together for a greater good.  The Safe-Zones were built over the cities that were destroyed in the attack long ago.  With the Safe-Zone’s construction underway, the Order created a new slogan, and rule:


With death and destruction, comes justice and life. 


There are 99 of these Safe-Zones in total, with Safe-Zone 100 being the capital the Order occupies.  It’s restricted to all outsiders unless formally invited.  Each of the Safe-Zones are under control by one leader from the Order, and in order to enter the Safe-Zones you must have proper authorization.  The Safe-Zones are industrial cities after all, however, even though the Order planned on keeping the Safe-Zones only work related, the population grew as workers began to form new lives and production slowed.  To compromise this problem, the Order started a new plan. They removed all who they saw would be unable to do work including men, women, and children and provided them with new homes away from the safe-zone. But they were never able to see their family members left in the Safe-Zones again.  No one questioned the authority, they weren't allowed to ask questions. If you were inside, you couldn't leave on your own accord, there is no escaping. 


That is, until 18 years later, when a group of five friends escaped from Safe-Zone three, and changed the world forever. This is their story. 



© 2014 Ashley B.


Author's Note

Ashley B.
This has given me many issues, I can't seem to write it the way I want. Any tips?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Goosebumps!

Love the numbers, small touch I know, but it is interesting none the less.

"With death and destruction, comes justice and life. " The double bladed nature of that sentance was spot on your end.

Gearing up to read chapter 1!

Not going to give it a numbers review just because a prologue is kinda hard to engage out of a 100 point scale system. But know you got me hooked as is what a prologue should do.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114

Stats

90 Views
1 Review
Added on February 3, 2014
Last Updated on February 3, 2014
Tags: UNITED, LeAshe, Ashley B., Prologue


Author

Ashley B.
Ashley B.

FL



Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Ashley B.


UNITED UNITED

A Book by Ashley B.