Life�s REVELATIONS

Life�s REVELATIONS

A Poem by Legacy

   

What are we searching for – where does our yearning lie?
I am not quite sure, I have the feeling I am destined for something bigger than I... (I know THIS - what I am becoming). I don’t intentionally provoke immorality... But why then, do I welcome it with open arms? Why do I enjoy it so? Why…, (What I have desired for so long) -A place I could feel safe, call home is anything ‘but’…

In life, there comes a time when we must ‘stand and recognize’!
I’d like to think I’ve earned this right, paid my dues if you will... I have managed to hold my own, infusing with-in - what is right and wrong... I know who I was and what I am becoming... Are others exempt?

Put your hands together as you look to the sky...
For years gone-by, more than I would like to remember ‘I have done just this’… Where have YOU been? Why do I feel YOU have forsaken me like the rest? I have believed in you when others have not. Have I been ‘dismissed’?

Auspicious signs will then reveal,
Hmm~… this indeed, they do. Beware though… not everything appears to be an open book.

Life is ambiguous… even-handed it is not!
Open to interpretation – how true is this! No apparent objective – it depends on how you view life. Unfair and cruel – THIS I am all too familiar with.

Don’t inspire with apprehension,
I do not have the luxury of encouraging fearful expectations.

We might have one – forcing its threshold...
I’ve had the drive to push forward for so long. Why now… am I giving in, giving up this fight? True is this - boundaries are only as we imagine them.

- Love and compassion a vital quality
Interesting traits… do they really exist?

Purity and Innocence, a distinguishing feature...
Forsaken me - these have done.

Life has a path ‘to each its own’.
To claim it as mine… this I do not choose.
Ours dreams lose their way, To say I’ve had them once – I guess in ‘goals’ I did.

Legacies ‘somewhere’ have become obscured...
Does such a word or belief still exist today?
For this is the 20th Century - People are not here for their names to stay...?

© 2007 Legacy
 

© 2008 Legacy


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I have to say that I agree with Ms. Belsito after reading this. Indeed you have put together a very imaginative piece. I think the object seems to be more thought provoking that spontanous agreement of the masses. There are certainly parts that we can all debate upon and I think by writing this you have increased awareness of where we are all heading or at least could be.

Posted 16 Years Ago


7 of 7 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Wow. At this moment, I'm speechless...you've left the reader with a lot to think about and I shall retire now to think...

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

This caused me to think about life, what we expect from it and put into it.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Wow. There is a lot of thought-provoking ideas in this poem. It has cause me to sit back and think on some things quite seriously.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Definitly interesting work. Most of it, quite beautiful until you sit down and actually start to think about it. Life IS ambiguous because to be otherwise would be to suggest that life is a living thing that thinks and acts on it's own and is capable of caring or uncaring. The actual statment is quite a stretch but no more so than "life sucks." Life is life, it has no agenda or aims, it just is. However, just because it is ambiguous, does not mean that it is fair. It just is, but how content you are with your life, you're right there Legacy, it's all in how you view it, positive or negative. Focusing on the good or the bad.

"I do not have the luxury of encouraging fearful expectations." That's disturbing considering what you've been thru. How could anyone who has lived your life view encouraging fearful expectations as a luxury. Maybe you didnt mean it that way, but that is what you wrote.

"boundaries are only as we imagine them." How true that is! Amen to that!

Love and compassion may not exist to you? Then I guess hate and contempt don't exist either?

Yes, goals are dreams, but better! For goals are based in reality, they are surely attainable. Dreams are usually the unattainable, and frequently the path to disaster. Keep your goals, do not wish for dreams. Goals are progressive and that seems to be something you strive for. :)

Regarding Legacies....how true that is. Someone read something by Shakespear on the radio the other day, he wrote how the men in a particular military group would be remembered. The DJ's then said how true that was. I wanted to call up right then and ask them to name me one man who died in that group. Or name me one man, not a military leader, who died under Napoleon. Fact is, it's a good chance none of us living will be remembered by anyone other than family and God. But that is no reason to give up. Each of us is just one speck of sand on a beach, but that makes each of us all the more rare and precious. Something to be treasured and joys and sorrows shared among others of us who will not be remembered in 100 years by our fellow man. Live for eachother and for whomever you call God, not for yourself and your own personal legacy.

You make some beautifully excellent points there Legacy. I look forward to reading more of your works! :)


Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Actually, we know exist for clarity in the 21st century as this seems to have have been penned in 2007. I know not whether that makes a difference in the points you make which are commendable and adept. Thank you for sharing this writing - these are 'dynamite' questions that we should all ask ourselves.
Light,
Siddartha


Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Truly a wonderful poem within another. Thank you for posting and allowing me a brief glimpse at the depth of your thoughts.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Life is full of many twists and turns, many bumps in the road but if we understand that life is as we make it, then we have the power to live as we choose. If we belive, if we have faith, every single thing that we desire, if we are meant to have it, we will have. If we work for it, He will provide.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Shades of the I-Ching seem to dance through these thoughts; inspiration to look deeper, while not disregarding the surface, because both the seen and the unseen coomprise the whole.

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

I love the way you outlined each thought/question. Many travel this journey in life never really knowing who they were - let alone truly understanding what life has to offer/about... Why do we expect so much, yet give very little of (who we are)? This is truer than anything I have heard in a long time! We have to give more, absolutely! We should never expect anything, only hope for.. Take care~~~

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Very nice, provoking thought but you do it without effort, nagging, or sharpness. Thanks for the read.

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

4792 Views
178 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 6 Libraries
Added on February 7, 2008
Last Updated on February 21, 2008

Author

Legacy
Legacy

About
Information to come more..

Writing
Dark Secrets Dark Secrets

A Poem by Legacy



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..