To My Unborn Child

To My Unborn Child

A Poem by LeGaCy

I was a troublesome kid, for so long. I wanted to start off right, tired of all the wrong starts that i've had in this life of mine. So i'd sit back and pray for Gods Sign. Then suddenly it came it was you; you were on your way. For awhile, i never knew the right words to say. So now i'm writing this letter to my unborn child. To let you know i've loved you for quite a while. Before your first breath you were already in contact with death. Since you've been gone i feel a part of me has left. You came from the heavens, to the wombs, to the heavens again. It was a sad ending because your life never got to begin. I feel an emptiness inside that your life was supposed to fill. When your birthday comes around my heart simply stands still. I wake up in the middle of the night as if i hear your cry, your voice. Keeping you here, alive would have been my best choice. There's times where i think i would hear your laugh. But i realized you never made it to my future, your stuck in my past. Never got a chance to see your smile. The smile id love to see let it be for awhile. Never got a chance to wipe your tears. Nor did i get a chance to shield you from your fears. Would you have been a beautiful girl and took after your mother. Or would you have been my baby boy and took after your father. Sadly, these things i never got a chance to know. See i may not say it enough but i will most certainly show. I will always love you, you are a part of me. Didn't understand but now i believe. There's life after death because i can feel you here. I sit back and wait till the day you reappear. In my arms you belong not just for awhile. See im writing to you....a letter to you...my "Unborn Child"

© 2010 LeGaCy


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Reminds me of the Tupac song... great piece.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Very nicely written. The love a parent has for a child is the strongest thing out there. Unborn child or not. And the death of a child is always heartbreaking, whether you got the chance to see their face or not. I liked the emotion you could feel through this piece and I thought it flowed well. Nicely written.

Posted 14 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
LL2
I didn't get the part 'my best choice'. Maybe I misunderstood, but I really liked the tone of the poem. I could almost hear it. I had trouble with the rhythm though. Do you mind reviewing mine? I'm working on 'Fairwell Methodical'.

Posted 14 Years Ago


A sad poem. I could feel the disappointment in your words. We all carry the burden of things we must live with. A powerful poem with a lesson for others to understand and learn. A excellent poem.
Coyote

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

395 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 30, 2010
Last Updated on March 30, 2010

Author

LeGaCy
LeGaCy

spring valley, NY



About
Well theres not to much to say about me. Im a humble, open minded kind of guy. One who tries to understand his surroundings to the best of his abilities. Poetry has been my escape from the world and h.. more..

Writing
Real Talk Real Talk

A Poem by LeGaCy


Poetry Poetry

A Poem by LeGaCy



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..