Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by Gemma

'Same s**t different day' Rae thought as she drove into the high school parking lot of Kennedy High. Quickly heading to a parking space near the front of the school, Rae parked and made her way over to the group of people waiting near the front steps.

Just as she reached them, her boyfriend David turned, smiling charmingly at her and kissing her cheek in greeting. With his short blond hair, bright blue eyes and winning, dimpled smile, he was every girls dream. Yet in the past two months that she's been seeing him during the summer, she hadn't once felt the spark of excitement she'd been hoping for.

However, with her being the head cheerleader and David the captain of the schools football team, it was pretty much expected of them to be together, tradition almost. He seemed to have no problem being with her and she had to admit that she did enjoy his company she just didn't find him physically attractive in that way, he felt more of a friend to her, she just hadn't found the opportunity to bring that up with him yet, and now with the Sophomore year starting she had no idea how she would.

Plus, she didn't want to break up the schools typical hierarchy. She knew though that he was getting frustrated with the lack of physical contact progressing, as all they'd done was kissing and a few gropes whilst sat in his car down the road from her house. And even those she hadn't really enjoyed, just felt obligated to at least give him a little something to keep him from getting annoyed and verbally mean, as he sometimes could when he'd had too much to drink.

As she greeted all her friends excitedly, you'd think they hadn't seen each other in months yet it had only been the day before last that they'd all hung out at the beach as a typical 'hoorah' before the school year started.

As they started into school to head to their assigned lockers for the year, which they'd received through the past the previous week as well as their schedules, her best friend Lana was talking excitedly about a new student expected today.

"I've heard from Denise Martin, who heard from Mindy Lennox who's mom works the reception desk here, that the new student is called Blake Harley and apparently she's really beautiful with a body to die for." Lana rolled her eyes, chuckling obnoxiously. With her long chocolate brown curls and matching brown eyes, Lana was gorgeous yet her superior attitude made it hard to get past and actually like her. However as Rae and Lana had been friends since pre-school and were in the cheerleading squad together, she felt obligated to stay friends with her, even if she didn't really like her attitude anymore.

With her thoughts preoccupied with her troubles with David, and musing over her friendship with Lana, Rae headed into home room not really noticing anyone around her, idly listening to the classroom chatter as she sat at the back corner of the room. 

Yet all that changed when she walked into the room. With the most gorgeous shiny black hair that flowed down to her waist, long legs that seemed to go on forever and generous curves in all the right places, Rae's heart skipped a beat.

In the sudden quietness of the room, everyone's attention focused on the new girl, Mr Watson's suddenly loud voice boomed through the room.

"Everybody, Miss Harley is our new student so I would like all of you to make her very welcome. Miss Harley, if you would like to make your way to an available seat anywhere in the room, I will get started with today's home room."

When Blake's gorgeous aqua blue eyes connected with Rae's forest green ones, Rae's heart all but stopped.

- - -

A/N: Thank you everyone! This is a new story that I'm working on so updates may be slow due to work but I'm enjoying writing this so far!

Any reviews welcome as this is a new idea for me.

Thanks!
Gem x


© 2018 Gemma


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

45 Views
Added on March 6, 2018
Last Updated on March 6, 2018


Author

Gemma
Gemma

United Kingdom



About
Hey guys! My names Gemma I’m 21 based in the UK I’m a full time worker so updates may be slow sometimes but I’ll try my best haha I love reading and writing my own stories also .. more..

Writing