Haunting Romance

Haunting Romance

A Story by LeighAndJeff
"

What happens when the dead want to love the living? and the living are still arguing with each other?

"

Haunting  romance

By Leigh Hodgens

Once upon a time as old stories go. There was a girl  with ice in her heart and a bitter tongue to any that defied her.  A ruler of a kingdom to come  for she was but the princess though the tone of command suited her. Her power was not  really there, it was but a passing illusion. One that had not been broken for the fair princess but one that would be shattered so completely  that the girl  would never be the same .


During the day the princess  whose title was Alexandria  could be found attending the court  listening in to the battle plans of future invasions   and rebellions to crush  the generals were quite the  ruthless  leaders. After court she could be found attending royal matters watching how the king  dealt with the requests of the citizens  he ruled with a fair hand  and  was always a little hesitant to  punish those that deserved it. That is were his second in command came into play, the knight Templar Christian Fielding . That man  there was little about him known. The only  fact was  he was the kings avenging hand. Wrong the king in anyway and the knight would deal with you.  He rarely spoke but when he did  you paid attention to his tone.  Alexandria had not a bit of patience for  the man  and held him in rather low regard  constantly teasing and testing the man's patience and temperament the knight in question  fought back  teasing the princesses  calling her childish or referring to her lack of womanly curves constantly calling her a brat in a man's world . And this dear reader is where we start our story at the scene of one of their infamous fights.


“FIELDING!!!” Alexandria roared  as once again the knight  was teasing her. said knight was smirking at her  leaning against the stone wall behind him. his armor glinting off the sunlight  as the  breeze rustled the gardens they were currently in.  “Yes dear princesses." He drawled  curious to see how  red faced she would turn today. Alexandria  snarled  at his common response, “ Why did you tell Sir Harvel that he was better off not getting  married to me!  That I was and I quote, a spoiled little brat that needed a good spanking!!  you... you fiend!!” Fielding  just looked  fairly amused at the  irate princess.  “Because dear princess that is exactly  what you are  and your current  behavior  proves my point,  Lexi " he smirked again using the nickname  from her childhood “ I am not a child I am 18 years old and future queen you shouldn't  be able to talk to me like that ! I swear when I rule, you’re the first thing to go!” She yelled at him stomping her feet  in a rather childish manner, before turning to leave with a stunned knight in her wake.


Fielding himself was a little annoyed, That brat dared to dismiss him? He decided enough was enough, after all it was time to teach this bratty girl a thing or two. With that in mind he swiftly made his way  from the gardens to take up his regular duty of patrolling the castle. Planning to make sure to “accidentally “ sneak up on the princess  at some point in the day. The girl was going to get the surprise of her life. He would teach her exactly what she needed to learn. That brat was not going to be his queen until she knew one simple... thing you don't mess with your knight.


The princess  on the other hand took out her foul mood by ordering maids about in the castle's hallways . Unknown to her a male figure had slipped up behind her wrapping his hand around her waist. He pulled her close to him  letting his breath tickle the skin on her neck as the surprised girl yelped. Not daring to turn her head to see the person who dared to  touch her in such a familiar way. “Fielding?” she asked feeling armor at her back she waited for his reply. But the male figure simply  lowered his head to lightly kiss her ear. A shaky cold breath caressed her skin as he began to speak his tone seductive with a touch of mischief to it “if you’re so ready to dismiss your knight, princess, then perhaps I could offer another service for the kingdom… or for you.” Alexandria shivered  what had overcome Fielding? Was he possessed? She didn't know  but her traitorous mouth replied just the same. “What is it you could possibly do for me fielding?”  The grip at her waist tightened at the response. “Anything my queen desired.” he whispered into her ear. “Wh… what?” that  made her confused. Her head fogged up, and she felt another arm encircle her cold lips pressing to her neck. “Fielding..what...why?” Her body felt heavy as she leaned into the armored chest behind her closing her eyes slowly.


Opening them though was very different. Looking in front her she saw Fielding standing in front of her  sword drawn from its usual place at his side. His blue eyes wide in shock and disbelief, as he looked at both her and the figure behind her. “Let..her go “ he ordered his voice borderline civil. The male figure behind the princess simply  smiled and with that he faded like breath on a mirror, Leaving the princess without support. She  yelped again as she fell backwards. Fielding seeing this reacted just barely catching her before she hit the ground. He was on his knees beside her, his armor clanking at the sudden movement.  “Princess? ..lexi? “ he queried  for once she didn't mind that nickname. “Who..was he? Why wasn't he you. I..don't understand.” Alexandria muttered to herself as her body suddenly went limp in the knights hands. “ lexi!” he gasped out as he felt her  faint. “Damn! what going on here?” the knight questioned  as he shifted  gently  picking up the sleeping princess. he looked around once more for the phantom of a knight  before  striding off for the girls’ chambers.


Outside the princesses room he nudged the door open and walked straight to the bed. While the princess wasn't heavy the Armor plus her was. Laying the girl on her bed  he looked  for signs of injury. His unhelpful brain  also noting that the princess did have curves and actually was attractive. “Now is so not the time for this” he muttered to himself.  His eyes trailed up her body ignoring his outspoken request, he came to her face his gloved hand reaching to tuck a fallen strand of her hair behind her ear. he sighed  why her of all people? He questioned as he sat beside her  allowing his guard to slip for now. His hand to gently stroke her cheek. “Serves me right  huh?  The brat queen and the hopelessly devoted knight.” He  gave a light chuckle  the truth to their fights was he loved seeing her worked up she was so fierce and the only girl… no the only woman he corrected, that gave him a fight. he lived for their little spats, regardless of how annoyed he got. Looking at the sleeping woman again his eyes found her slightly parted lips and a idea to steal a kiss from her was rooted in his brain before he could stop it .Wrestling with himself he knew  if she woke up during it… he really would be dismissed. But  he reasoned with himself… when was he going to get another chance? The girl already said she would dismiss him when she ruled.

With that in mind he brought his hand to her chin tilting her head up a little as he leaned in. Stopping a hair's length away he closed his eyes cursing his lack of will power and closed the space letting the feeling overwhelm him. The kiss quickly clouded his senses. It wasn't until he heard a soft gasp that he pulled back. He cursed in his head for his bad luck, as he saw what he was terrified to see. She was awake the bright aqua orbs of the princess went wide with shock.  He froze completely what was he going to do now. “L..lexi..i.” the embarrassed knight stammered. “Well my mouths no use” he thought.  “Or… was it? caught is caught right?” He reasoned. Shifting closer, his gaze made it back to her parted lips and decided if this was all that he was going to  have, He better make it something to  remember. With his choice made  he gripped her cheek and pulled her to his lips again ignoring the muffled squeak  she made. The princess on the other hand  was still stunned. first she's haunted by a ghost of a knight then wakes up to her knight kissing her, in fact still kissing her. “Wait my knight?” She thought to herself. “Since when?” She asked though it was getting a little too hard to think of such trivial details when said knight was kissing her senseless. She decided to wait on further introspection at least till after Fielding had stopped kissing her and till she had stopped kissing him.

© 2017 LeighAndJeff


Author's Note

LeighAndJeff
comments wanted :) ( I do not own image.)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

121 Views
Added on March 1, 2017
Last Updated on March 1, 2017
Tags: Romance, Ghost, Knight

Author

LeighAndJeff
LeighAndJeff

Schuylkill Haven, PA



About
This is a split account for both Leigh Hodgens and Jeff Margavage. Leigh and myself have been writing for over a year together with a most unique arrangement. I guess it isn't often people who have ne.. more..

Writing



Know That I Too
We are never alone (a poem for mental health month)
Beautiful author websites
Stop wasting time and money on Wix & Wordpress. Authors are creating beautiful websites with Myauthor.space FREE!