To Lennon.

To Lennon.

A Poem by LennonMcHarStarr

      To Lennon, I may not know you personally, but you have touched and changed the path of me and many others. You've turned 40, and the Walrus has been shot by a loony. You've turned 70 and the Nowhere Man has been dead.
     You've turned 21, and you created a phenomenal rock group. Minding nobody's business but yours, you and three others single handedly changed the world completely, Dreamt #9 Dreams, and made the best of it all.
     You've turned 30, and you ended the group. You continued to do what you have always been doing. You did your own thing, but nobody has forgotten about you. You turned to peace, and others followed.
    You helped us in times of despair. You never lied and you spoke truth. What would we do without you? Where would we be?
    You turned 40, and a month later you died. The Walrus may be dead, but the dream and legacy is not. You turned 40, and the world stood still. The dream and legacy is ours to carry on.
   You turned 70, and the world turned corrupt. 
                                     We need you. The world needs you.
                                     We miss you. The world misses you.
                                     We love you. The world loves you.
                                                                                Rest in peace, John. 

© 2010 LennonMcHarStarr


Author's Note

LennonMcHarStarr
In honor of John Lennon.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

this is very lucid to others...but to true fans its not....keep on writing ;*)

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

502 Views
1 Review
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on October 9, 2010
Last Updated on October 9, 2010

Author

LennonMcHarStarr
LennonMcHarStarr

Brooklyn, NY



About
Hai. I go for peace, love, and happiness. Im obsessed over music. I hate rap and pop. I love classic rock and some symphony. I can be very hyper in the night, and calm in the day. Im always ready for .. more..

Writing