Chapter One~

Chapter One~

A Chapter by .

       The small girl ran as fast as her legs could carry her. Death was about every corner. Escape, at this point, would be her greatest chance of survival. The light of the moon guided her cloaked body through the thick, densely growing trees, the lights of her village fading out in the distance behind her.

    She clutched a small, yellowing piece of paper in her hand. An intricate, delicate map. She'd studied the fading document closely, finding the best route to the central city. If she went too far to The East, awaiting her would be the grey marshes, home to abominations knows simply as Odrazas. She'd only read about the Odrazas in books; Recorded pieces of evidence from the few that had escaped their potential watery graves.

    Getting far off track, and heading too far North would find her in the Wolven Territories. These were mountains that loomed over the land, filled with dens and caves. Shelters to the werewolves which prowled at night for a fresh kill. These creatures consistently infiltrated villages, wreaking havoc over the people. Safety only rested in the central part of the vast land.

    Her village was Southern, near the Great Plains. People here attempted to grow crops, such as corn, or grain. Farming in the maw of the forest borders, however, was an extremely difficult, and dangerous task. The Central City was located by the sea, bordering the blueish grey ocean. The ocean dipped in, to touch the center in a broad passageway out to sea. The most protection was located here, being the center of industry and artisans. Officials, and police force, and healers, and warriors lived within those walls.

    Most people had originally been concentrated within that area, however, within recent times, settlers had chosen to break out from the city, attempting to develop smaller towns and villages. Most people agreed this would be an excellent idea, allowing for expansion, and more, potentially unique resources. People had no idea at all what was waiting for them out there until they saw it for themselves...

      The creatures; The darkest of mages. Outside of the city walls, it was utter hell. People still did live out there though. Themselves, and their children only to be slaughtered in brutal attacks, which could wipe out entire villages in a single night. It was a nightmare. A risk the girl wasn't willing to take, staying in her village. She was going to live on. Ivy wasn't going to be murdered like the rest. 



© 2017 .


Author's Note

.
The first few chapters are indeed, rather short. I do plan to make some longer, but again, this is my first attempt to create a chapter based piece. More of an experiment. Feedback is GREATLY appreciated though.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

105 Views
Added on May 18, 2017
Last Updated on May 18, 2017
Tags: young, escape, adventure, fantasy, fiction, horror


Author

.
.

VT, Greenland



Writing
Chapter Two~ Chapter Two~

A Chapter by .