Writerscaffee

Writerscaffee

A Story by Leslie Philibert
"

a very wicked story...please forgive me !

"
Harry curved over his computer like a vulture waiting with great hunger in the back row. Or like somebody who had been invited to an orgy by mistake.
Whatever.
As his kids had started stuffing the cat into the washing maschine he needed an artistic break.
Art for art`s sake, O.K ? And keep the lines free, he was expecting a call from Stockholm that he had won the Nobel Prize for Literature. And If the plumber called then  he would tell him there would be a check in the post next week.
He concentrated. Was it Oleg from Helgaland or Helga from Olegland ? Baltic maybe ? Hadn`t they won the European Song contest with the hit ´Ruck Muck Bing Bang Bong .? Helga or Oleg had written a poem.
He would have to read it.
`You trooded on my dreams,
and washed my heart down the lavatory....`.
Lavatory ? Had she written lavatory ? He shuddered to think what a toilet looked like in Olegland.
He considered carefully his review.
`Ì really enjoyed this, it reminded me of John Keats who often wrote poems about toilets...`, no, no, that was no good. What if Helga blocked him ? And others too ? He would never be famous or rich or be able to buy a ISBN number

After all, he had spent a fortune getting his poems published, and he still had two thousand copies in his garage. No, that wasn`t quite true, he had sold five copies
to his mother, but he wasn`t quite sure if that counted.
He started again.
`Your use of the word lavatory indicates an artistic strength and courage. Although you can`t spell and don`t understand grammar you have a great future as a writer.
He heard screaming. The cat had made a do do on the carpet.
Stockholm ! Call me !

© 2012 Leslie Philibert


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Cute and amusing. Many funny lines in there:)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Lmaoooo, sooo funny..2000 copies hehe...

Posted 11 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
G!o
Lol i read this and on the first paragraph i busted into laughter. This is just so funny, i came with the notion that i was going find people strangling each other or grim the ripper visiting children's home as santa claus only to find Harry curved 'ver his computer like someone who had been invited to an orgy by accident. I can't stop laughing at this line. This is so comical plus the comments below are just so hilarious, that the cat made a do do on the carpet as revenge. This is got to be one of the best articles so far on this site...you just hit the readers with a wet mop on their face. Lovely and hilarious i say.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Wow - I really enjoyed that - no I really did - honestly! Although I am a real coward when it comes to criticism - if I don't like something I just don't review - I don't like conflict - something to do with my british reserve perhaps. Anyway - interesting write and your use of both lavatory and do do shows a desire to challenge the more conservative concepts of the nature of art LOL :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


This was just what I needed right now! Love it...is that okay? LOL

Posted 11 Years Ago


The cat made a do do on the carpet as revenge for being put in the washing machine.
Harry really needs a reality check.
Poor Helga probably thought her piece was spot on.
Brilliant write!

Posted 11 Years Ago


bows*

hahahahahahaha

the end



Posted 11 Years Ago


This is delicious. Don't worry about it being wicked. Helga won't grasp what your saying...

Posted 11 Years Ago


evil giggling, that's my only response

sometimes we take ourselves way too seriously,

All the world's a stage,
And all the men and women merely players:
They have their exits and their entrances;

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

373 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 14, 2012
Last Updated on August 15, 2012

Author

Leslie Philibert
Leslie Philibert

Bavaria, Germany



About
I`m not important. I just want to write a couple of good poems. Just read what I write. That`s enough. more..

Writing
End End

A Poem by Leslie Philibert



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..