Oven

Oven

A Poem by Leslie Philibert
"

as you read it...

"
an animal in my fireroom,
amen of charcoal and dance,
a borrowed sun glowing like want,

then cold as distant hills,
lost the engine of passion`s eye
heart`s turn, lost dark love.

© 2017 Leslie Philibert


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Great poem, this time what caught my interest, beside the obviously great quality imagery, is the fragmentary nature of the poem. Feels like photo shots, which would be a perfect metaphor as it would stress both the fragmentary nature of each image and the quality of their shaping. The contrast between the two stanzas is marvellously played. If you play with the reader's sight, the summoning of the heat-cold contrast (fireroom, charcoal, dance, sun in the first stanza vs. cold, distant, lost passion, lost dark love in the second) clearly awake another sense.
Great as always !

Posted 6 Years Ago


Stunning Leslie, I can honestly say I savour your poetry when I get the chance to pop on here. Always unique and atmospheric and always so well written and delivered :)

Posted 6 Years Ago


Lovely lilt, and yes, as Jacob states - sadness.
Thanks for this -
-x-

Posted 6 Years Ago


it is the animal in me that loved with passion...instinct...but when it dies, the engine grows cold and sputtering..
the heart becomes so distant...

sadness in this...but such beautiful imagery...

Posted 6 Years Ago


This reads to me like the feeling that one has lost the passion they once held. One who was filled with life and a lust for it now acquiescing to winter.
As always, so worth waiting for Leslie.

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

148 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 31, 2017
Last Updated on October 31, 2017

Author

Leslie Philibert
Leslie Philibert

Bavaria, Germany



About
I`m not important. I just want to write a couple of good poems. Just read what I write. That`s enough. more..

Writing
End End

A Poem by Leslie Philibert



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..