trump

trump

A Poem by Leslie Philibert
"

written in the style of the eugen gomringer, a concrete poet

"
trump, um, um
do no ald, trr
umph ! umph !
trump..rump,rump

© 2018 Leslie Philibert


Author's Note

Leslie Philibert
a dadaist political statement

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

dear Leslie... when the sky is the darkest the Star shines the brightest.
We all can be lost in a world of disbelief. We do find ourself to be
alone in the Universe... especially when we only see the Moon and all its stages
that Almanacs discuss at length as to when to plant in the best stage of the Moon.
Hitch a ride on a Moon beam and enjoy the view. truly, Pat

Posted 4 Years Ago


Well, I guess everyone needs to “cope” in their own ways. The problem with political writing is that you may end up alienating part of your (sometimes potential) audience. Luckily, not everyone is going to be petty enough to leave a scathing review and a grand rating of 0. Some of us know how to take a joke. I’m not familiar with Eugen Gomringer’s work, and that kind of thing should be taken into account with your readers as well, and because of that, on the surface is reads in my mind as if this is from a caveman, which seems to say those who like Trump are of that level of intelligence. See what I meant by alienation? I’m not saying not to speak your mind: Hell, I do fairly frequently, and have a journal on here dedicated just to political rants. But do be prepared to turn off readers. This was the first work I saw from you, and while I can take that in stride, it does turn me off to the possibility of looking over your list of writings.

Posted 6 Years Ago


So clever Les!....and worthy of Private Eye ( you may of heard of it in UK) You say so much in this piece mate. P.

Posted 6 Years Ago


oh he has such respect around the world...

laugh laugh...reminds me of a cartoon from way back .....Harrumph!
i like how you experiment with different forms....and do them so well each time.
j.

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

211 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 11, 2018
Last Updated on March 11, 2018

Author

Leslie Philibert
Leslie Philibert

Bavaria, Germany



About
I`m not important. I just want to write a couple of good poems. Just read what I write. That`s enough. more..

Writing
End End

A Poem by Leslie Philibert