Fighting For Her

Fighting For Her

A Poem by Secret Lullaby

They say befor you start a war,

You better know what you're fighting for.

I was a soldier fighting to save your heart.

Completely committed from the start.

I didn't care if things got a little tough.

For me enough was never enough.

As long has I had you by my side,

I never had a reason to run and hide.

You not only made me strong,

You gave me a place to finally belong.

To me you were worth it all.

Even if that ment I would fall.

But as I lay here with this knife in my back.

I realized there is something I did lack.

I didnt know how cruel you really were.

Now looking at you laugh at me I know for sure,

That you were just a lying w***e.

And I was fighting a useless war.

© 2012 Secret Lullaby


Author's Note

Secret Lullaby
This week I lost my bestfriend. I have been trying to keep her away from an old ex that had done nothing but break her heart. It felt like he and I was in a a war fighting over her. Well I finally realized that I was fighting for the friendship of someone who treated me like crap. She started rumors about me and told lies about me just to make her look better. She stabed me in the back!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Awww! Sorry about your friend!! :( Really great poem though!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Wow just wow, Leslie! This is really deep and I can see the portrayal from your words that you must've felt. It flowed beautifully! Never call someone your "best friend" unless you're completely positive that they won't hurt or backstab you. Yeah, you might have arguments but a best friend won't hurt you every single day. Tears shedded should only be from laughing too hard for a couple of inside jokes ya'll shared. Definitely not from a huge fight or war as you may call it. Sometimes friends pick their "significant other" over their friends. It's just how the way life sometimes works. It sucks I truly know. Now that's something I can relate to. I've been there and done that. No, I wasn't the one to do it to my friends it was vice versa of course. Sometimes people just yearn for the person that broke their heart because they're still in love with them deeply. It's hard to explain why they'd want someone that hurt them and most likely repeat their mistakes. Great write, very deep and meaningful!

I only noticed a few mistakes though.
*Befor--before
*Tuff-tough
*ment-meant

Ashley Rivers--Dream BIG and you'll win BIG:)

Posted 11 Years Ago


This was a good poem, and the story: I've noticed this happens A LOT with girls. Always stabbing each other in the back, especially between best friends. I'm very sorry :/ I hate that this has happened. I already know the story that's going to come out if she gets back with that guy. It's like reading the same book over, just with different characters.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I really liked how you rhymed every second line with the one before it... Nice job :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


i understand it completely! i tried to be friends with this girl for so long and she always treated me like crap and finally enough was enough you know? it gets better i promise, and as for the poem, great job! Very well written

Posted 11 Years Ago


ive been there in fact in your position right now

Posted 11 Years Ago


Wow... deep

Posted 11 Years Ago


People only become backstabbers so they can savor their so-called reputations. Which have no value because they're superficial people. Sorry you're going thru a bad time with friends. :( Great poem though. Sticking up for the wrong people who you think are your friends will only leave you hurting and heartbroken in the long run. Nice work. :)

Posted 11 Years Ago



2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

694 Views
18 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on October 20, 2012
Last Updated on October 29, 2012

Author

Secret Lullaby
Secret Lullaby

Hell on Earth, AL



About
It a new year and a new me. I have deleted my old information and have decided to start over. Life is full of ups and downs, disapointments, regrets, mistakes...but all these things make us who were a.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..