The Other Women

The Other Women

A Poem by Secret Lullaby

You tell me you love me.

You act like you care.

You hold me in your arms.

And run you fingers through my hair.

 

You tell me you will leave her soon,

And that everything will be ok.

But you are only with me at night.

And with her all day.

 

I'm sick of waiting.

And I'm tired of this secret I must keep.

Everything is falling apart.

Your lies are too deep.

 

You hold her in your arms.

And whisper your lies.

With each day that comes,

A part of me dies.

 

I can't take it any more!

Soon you will have to choose.

You cant have us both.

So one of us will lose.

 

You tell me you love me.

You act like you care.

But im done playing your games!

I don't like to share.

 

 

 

© 2013 Secret Lullaby


Author's Note

Secret Lullaby
Being the other women sucks!!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very interesting testimonial. You are the one being played and why you would want to fall prey to this game, I can understand, in a sense I have been you. You wanted this though or you would have not believed the lies that you knew to be what they were. Is it that you are the one to be the sacrifice for lies wrapped so sweet for you to believe? Why do we believe the lies?

Posted 11 Years Ago


Secret Lullaby

11 Years Ago

Because in our hearts we wish they were true.
eatmills

11 Years Ago

I know *shakes head* I know. So easy to fall for the lie we tell ourselves.
Secret Lullaby

11 Years Ago

So true -__-
Three's a crowd. For most women being a third leg is not only insulting but degrading at the same time. Great illustration of that here. Personifying that inner frustration is what makes this poem standout. Nice job. :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


I love the passion and complexity of this poem, it shows anger, hurt, and a longing to be loved... Great work!

Posted 11 Years Ago


I'm sorry you had to experience this....This was written very well my friend....Whisk

Posted 11 Years Ago


nice

Posted 11 Years Ago


Wow, Leslie this is a deep poem that you have wrote. I can say that I haven't been in this position before and hope to never be in it ever either! Your raw emotions are settled in perfectly with the flow of your words. Just know that you deserve better and that if the guy that's wanting you, you better be his only choice. I make sure whenever I am wanting a guy and he's liking me that it isn't some game he's trying out on me or something. I hate mind games, when you have to figure out when he'll one day be yours! Obviously he doesn't mean it when he says he loves you and say it to another girl within the same day. It sounds like he needs a little bit of maturing and growing up. There are some decent guys out there, but you just have to wait and find him for when the right time approaches you. You won't have any heart left if you keep giving it away to every guy you meet. Once he does breaks up with her, he doesn't really deserves anyone because he's a cheater. Once a cheater, always a cheater! I know that you're a smart person, so make a smart move and don't settle for someone that doesn't make you their number one priorty. :)

Sidenote: It's not "women", instead it's *woman*. Women is the plural word of woman.

Excellent work!

Ashley Rivers-Dream BIG and you'll win BIG ;)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Secret Lullaby

11 Years Ago

WOW Ashley that was a lot!!! Thank you so much(:
Call_Me_Miss_Imperfect

11 Years Ago

Haha yeah I know. You're welcome (:
its ok!


Posted 11 Years Ago


this poem...i am guessing...is expressing your feelings...if so..awesome work!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


I can feel all the emotion and hurt going on brilliantly written well done

Posted 11 Years Ago


Great poem!! And I know it must stink and you shouldn't be treated like that! But always remember that once a cheater always a cheater! So if he ever eventually breaks up with he to be you, and even if he promise you that he loves you, it will only be a matter of time before he can't help himself to a different girl. Sorry :P haha I'm just warning you haha! Amazing poem though!

Posted 11 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

630 Views
16 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 14, 2013
Last Updated on January 15, 2013

Author

Secret Lullaby
Secret Lullaby

Hell on Earth, AL



About
It a new year and a new me. I have deleted my old information and have decided to start over. Life is full of ups and downs, disapointments, regrets, mistakes...but all these things make us who were a.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


HIT YOUR GOAL HIT YOUR GOAL

A Poem by afra