Where the good soldier dies

Where the good soldier dies

A Poem by Secret Lullaby

I can still hear their screams in my head.

The shots fired.

The soldires dead.

Their faces will always be in my mind.

Never forgoten.

Always intwined.

I try to drink my pain away.

But it never helps.

It's here to stay.

And every time I close my eyes,

Im taken back to the place,

Where the good soldier dies.

© 2013 Secret Lullaby


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I never know what to say about these things when civilians write them. They're slightly confusing to me. Probably because I have very vivid images in my head of horrific events that never seem match the piece. That isn't to say the poem is bad, it's just running against my memories. It's actually a nice little poem and I appreciate the thoughtfulness and work you put into creating it so thank you.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This is a touching piece of poetry. I seriously recommend that you check out Baby Ricochets work on this subject :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


this is heartbreaking. though, after reading Baby Ricochet's review, I feel like this, like most civilian-PTSD-writings, is more of symbolic about the sacrifice and the consequences than about actually having PTSD. that sort of write could only come from experience. having said that, this is still a powerful poem. great job.

Posted 11 Years Ago


This is really good, I like it very much. Great flow in words too.!!(:

Posted 11 Years Ago


I never know what to say about these things when civilians write them. They're slightly confusing to me. Probably because I have very vivid images in my head of horrific events that never seem match the piece. That isn't to say the poem is bad, it's just running against my memories. It's actually a nice little poem and I appreciate the thoughtfulness and work you put into creating it so thank you.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Awww really sad :( Really great poem though!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Great job! Lots of emotion and a great ending line. This is definitely something that a lot of people can relate to.

Just a few spelling & grammar fixes:

"soldires" should be "soldiers"
"intwined" should be "entwined"
"forgoten" should be "forgotten"
"Im" should be "I'm"

The grammar didn't take away from the poem at all though. You've got a powerful message here, and this is certainly a piece to be proud of :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Secret Lullaby

11 Years Ago

Thanks:) I will fix my mistakes as soon as I can:)
Wow, this is a really touching, heartfelt write. In a way, this kind of reminded of the poem 'The Soldier' by Rupert Brooke.

You got the emotion perfectly, it was great!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Harrowing :(

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

310 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 29, 2013
Last Updated on April 29, 2013

Author

Secret Lullaby
Secret Lullaby

Hell on Earth, AL



About
It a new year and a new me. I have deleted my old information and have decided to start over. Life is full of ups and downs, disapointments, regrets, mistakes...but all these things make us who were a.. more..

Writing



Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5