The Unmolested Mind

The Unmolested Mind

A Story by Letemdangle
"

A moderate description of life.

"
Our lives, I assume based on my life and those I deal with, are fraught with constant challenges.
These challenges can be basic annoyances, such as flat tires, broken appliances and trying to meet deadlines.

My experience has shown that these rather inconvenient, non life altering problems occur in sets of three or more at a time.  When one happens, laughter is my companion because, I  knowingly predict more s**t will follow.  It always does, especially when my financial situation is dire. Over the years I have developed an immunity to things going wrong at the worse possible times and getting me down.

When something inconvenient happens and I am with my wife, we both just look at each other and say, " Here we go again". Like clockwork, it always does. You know what? We just take that s**t one day at a time and deal with it. For over 22 years this s**t has happened to us, and we are now at the point of just accepting our fate, regardless of how black it becomes.

In every single instance our bad luck has turned to good as long as we do what is needed to be done. I have a good wife and four great boys that give me the oomph to carry on. I'm not sure if I were alone if I would have the grit I do today. 

From the darkest of places,
to the most glamorous of homes,
we all need something to believe in
and a person to hold.

© 2011 Letemdangle


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

truer words have never been spoken, no matter who you are, where or how you live, or what you do, you will need something to believe in, and someone to love.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

163 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 10, 2011
Last Updated on June 10, 2011

Author

Letemdangle
Letemdangle

Ottawa, Canada



About
My best achievement in life is never having killed anyone. My nickname is not to make you think I am morbid, I use it as a symbol of injustice. Let him dangle is a song about injustice from Elvis Cos.. more..

Writing
No Poem No Poem

A Poem by Letemdangle