Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Leviatis Fafnir

The stone walls of the ancient Panther castle shook violently as it sheltered the remains of the Panther Royal Pride, the king, his oldest son, and the queen holding the week old new born panther prince.
"Listen to me, both of you. We must protect the new prince, he is the only one who can grow up strong enough to save us..." The Panther King spoke in a hush voice while looking into the eyes of his queen and putting a hand on his eldest sons shoulder. He opened his mouth to speak again but was interrupted and thrown to the ground by an explosion that destroyed shattered the two foot thick wood doors.
As the smoke from the burning wood cleared the online of several dragons entering sent a spike of fear through the king of Panthers. He got to his feet and drew his sword while his son helped the queen, their newborn son safe in her arms.
A large black and green dragon stepped from the smoke and snapped open his wings making a painfully loud whip cracking noise and clearing the smoke. The king could see through the doorway that the city had fallen as dragons circled the sky and fires ran rampant through the streets.
"King of Panthers Darius, you should of stayed out of my wars! You have brought total destruction upon your kind." Roared the huge dragon standing in the center of the room. His eyes were silver and sharp, his armor was finely made and covered in intricate designs. The sword he carried was large and covered in smaller jagged blades and edges for effectively shredding armor and flesh alike.
"Leviatis the Dragon King... You know I couldn't stay away and watch you kill thousands of innocent people." Darius hissed.
Leviatis chuckled and took a step closer, his sword dragging on the ground behind him flicking up sparks and screaming horrible metal on stone.
"Foolish old man, no amongst those thousands are you and yours. You will be erased from history and forgotten like the rest."
Leviatis lifted his sword with a uprising speed, but not fast enough to surprise a young panther. The Panther prince got between the dragon King and his father, blocking the swing but collapsing to his knees from the force of the hit.
"You stupid cat! You are nothing to me!"
The dragon King slid his sword forward and twisted it hard to the right, catching the princes sword in one of the edges and shattering his blade. "Your father will join you soon, boy" He growled as he swung his sword and slicing off the head of the kneeling prince, a look of horror and surprise forever frozen on his deceased face.
"No! My son! My prince... You will pay, Leviatis! For all your crimes!"
The king ran forward with his blade held ready, dodging to the right and making a mad stab for the dragons gut only to be blocked and smashed in the side of the head with the armored hand of Leviatis.
"Sad, very sad... You aren't a match for me, Darius." Leviatis grabbed the dazed King and threw him back next to his wife at the seat of the throne. 
"Cat queen! It's been too long. I'm sorry about your son and husband... Not really, but I will be sorry about killing you. I'll taking your new son back with me don't worry, I'm not enough of a monster to kill a hatchling." Leviatis said in a suddenly different tone as he addressed the Panther Queen.
"Leviatis, please..." She begged, getting on her knees and looking up at him. "As a mother I am begging you to let me be alive for my son... Please..."
"Oh cat... You know I can't do that... Are you watching Darius?" The dragon King looked over to make sure he was watching before he took the young prince from his mother and put his sword through her chest without hesitation. She gasped  but did not make another sound except for her body hitting the floor.
The king of Panthers lay silently on the floor weeping before Leviatis, surround by his dead son and wife.

"You're time is over, dear cat. The dragons are no longer the protectors, you have abused that. You brought this on yourself..."

The last thing the Cat king saw was Leviatis raising his sword and stabbing straight into his chest before the world went dark...



© 2017 Leviatis Fafnir


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

84 Views
Added on January 2, 2017
Last Updated on January 2, 2017


Author

Leviatis Fafnir
Leviatis Fafnir

Carmel, IN



About
Dragon enthusiast. I love writing Sci Fi and Fantasy stories, my writing is affected by my friends and the music I'm listening to. https://www.wattpad.com/user/LeviatistheDragon Check my Wattpad, I .. more..

Writing
Preface Preface

A Chapter by Leviatis Fafnir


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Leviatis Fafnir


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Leviatis Fafnir