Wondering the streets

Wondering the streets

A Chapter by Lexie
"

Pheobe wonders around the streets, tired and hungry rethininking her plan when she encounters a bunch of thugs.

"

 

 
Pheobeclutched her stomach with both arms as she rocked from side to side down the street. She was so tired and so hungry. She didn’t realize she hasn’t eaten anything since the ham and cheese hot pocket she had at around noon. According to her watch it was 11:35. Pheobe’s abnormally petite stomach never did consume a lot of food but it had been almost 12 hours since her last meal and by now it was killing her. She had no idea where she was going, no idea when she was going to eat again. The whole “give me liberty or give me death” clause was getting dumber with every rumble in her abdomen. It was too late to turn back however; surely by now Lawrence must have discovered that she was missing. Every night from at least ten to twelve he’d check his inventory of children. He knew damn well they all wanted to escape from him, but no one’s ever had the nerve…until now.
As Pheobe approached the end of the suburban neighborhood in which she dwelled she saw the glow of street lights. This uplifted her spirit a notch.
 


© 2009 Lexie


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

148 Views
Added on July 6, 2009


Author

Lexie
Lexie

Stuart, FL



About
Hi my name is Lexie and I'm 16. Ever since i taught myself to read when i was 3 ive fallen in love with literature. I read book after book back to back and spend hours in barnes n nobles. I know, i kn.. more..

Writing
Pheobe Marquez Pheobe Marquez

A Book by Lexie