Living Distractions

Living Distractions

A Story by Academy6
"

I live in a world of distractions.

"


When I get really scared or feel really low, I feel...nothing can save me from the world. It hurts so much and I don't know what to do. I can't think right, my mind is clouded by the allusion of what's missing. And what I want...what I need, is a distraction. A distraction. To preoccupy the inevitable and distance me from the real world. That way, I never have to deal with the pain and can mask myself with happiness. Distractions are what keep me alive, now that I'm old enough to hold a knife. And since I'm so easily distracted, I always forget what's really happening.

I'm never in touch with the real world now. It's like two parts of a human being. One living in fear and pain, never knowing what will happen next, while the other doesn't give a f**k. She's too distracted.

I don't want to be distracted anymore, but I don't wanna face the pain either. I wanna be free. Free from distractions, free from the fear. But it's too difficult to live in fear alone. I want a clear mind again, that's a dream I'll never give up on. I want to except my fate like everyone can. Yet, I can't! Why can't I be a normal teenager? They think they're invincible, while I see the truth. One day I'm going to die. But the suspense of knowing when is to much to handle. While some call me a coward, a lost soul that's to stupid to give up, I'll just call up another distraction.

© 2014 Academy6


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

222 Views
Added on May 30, 2014
Last Updated on May 30, 2014
Tags: Distractions, fear, freedom

Author

Academy6
Academy6

CO



About
The children all over the world are crying out, and the world is darkening. It has fallen into dispair. We are those children. Hear our voices. more..

Writing
Fever Fever

A Story by Academy6


Screen Screen

A Story by Academy6