Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen

A Chapter by Catherine

The Dragon

 

“So he lives.”

Tearing himself from a scene witnessed through his dragon’s unnaturally keen eyes, he settled back in the carriage seat, yanking the curtain to glimpse out the window to his left.

The road from Treon to the smaller city of Blue Heron offered charming views; strips of green land rich with blooming wildflowers, giving way to beaches where people could swim in the warmer months. It was a clear day, allowing for the sight of the West Mist Islands in the distance, cresting the horizon upon the waters of the Dryanic Ocean.

Drawing the curtain, he went on, knowing the demon sitting by his side listened: “I wanted to send a clear message to the Felleran queen; this is what happens to little spies who aren’t careful. So much for that, now.”

“Something you did without first running it by me,” the demon pointed out, a flicker of annoyance in his human eyes.

“I didn’t think you’d care. Shezenos certainly didn’t mind. He wants the queen unharmed, said nothing about her relatives. Doesn’t matter now. Seems he has joined the young man Michaela sent for the job.”

The demon replied, “I don’t know why you waste your time monitoring his progress. I’ve told you, I’ll make sure the catalyst comes to you in the end. Patience, my friend. Have I ever given you reason to doubt me?”

He smiled. “I suppose you haven’t.”

But you did lie to me, once. Lied to both of us.

He shook off the old memory.

“I should find more recruits in Blue Heron.”

The demon seemed pleased. “Good.”

He sighed. “I suppose I should soon pen another letter to Michaela. Letting him believe his spy is still alive proves ever troublesome. I do hate imitating that man’s lousy handwriting.”

“A small price to pay,” the demon said, “to be one step ahead.”

“Indeed.”

So your little spy lives, Felleran Queen, well no matter, for I have one of my own in your castle right now. 



© 2017 Catherine


Author's Note

Catherine
Short chapter, yeah, I know, I'll publish the next one tomorrow ; )

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

79 Views
Added on March 11, 2017
Last Updated on March 13, 2017
Tags: Fantasy, adventure, romance, humor


Author

Catherine
Catherine

Montreal, Canada



About
I've been writing for a long time and I've only recently discovered this website. Don't hesitate to send me a message or a friend request, I think writers have got to stick together. Read and review a.. more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Catherine


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Catherine


Chapter Three Chapter Three

A Chapter by Catherine