Surrender to Freedom

Surrender to Freedom

A Story by Lightfalls
"

Who are we? What if... we are a part of what we stand for?

"

What do we stand for?

 

Is there a reason for all that there is?

Is there a connection that somehow runs between everything and everyone?

 

 

 

 

The beauty of this world stands for so much more then we know.

 

Not all beauty is seen though.

 

 

 

 

Who are we really? 

 

 

 

We are…much more then we see now.

 

 

We are a part of what we stand for.

 

But where do we stand?

 

 

Do we find ourselves caught in the haunting memories of the past,

unable to release the grip of our mistakes?

 

Realize what you can have today!  If only you let go of what you were, to grasp what you are now.  The old, no longer defines you.  Just as the tree is not defined by its leaves from years past.

 

 

“What you can become, you are already.”

 

God made you for a purpose. It will never be realized though, until you accept it.

 

 

Our life’s potential is far beyond the reach of the mere existence we cling to.  The key to true freedom is to let go of the things beyond your control. To surrender them to God.  By surrender of these, you will gain your freedom.  You will find your purpose.

 

 

All I understand,

 

All I know for certainty is this;

 

 

That God is real. 

That life is more then we can see. 

And that we are so much more then we know.  More then we can possibly know.

 

 

Since we are more then we know, then how can we ever know completely all that our souls need?  How do we know what is best?  How can we be a judge over anyone, much less a sovereign over even our own lives? 

 

How can we possibly understand how to fill the deepest longings of our souls?

 

 

The only places for a bird, is the sky. 

The only place for love, is in freedom of spirit. 

 

And the only place for my soul is in the infinite universe of God’s plan.

 

 

 

There is so much we have been given.

 

 

But it will never be ours until out of our broken and incomplete state, we reach for it…

 

 

…and surrender the things beyond our control,

 

 

 

to gain an eternity of freedom.

 

© 2009 Lightfalls


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

213 Views
Added on May 6, 2009

Author

Lightfalls
Lightfalls

Edge of the World, AK



About
I'm not about being tied down and limited with words. Words are just a shadow of life anyways, and only used because they simplify things. Sometimes there are things far, far beyond words, that you .. more..

Writing
Writing Writing

A Poem by Lightfalls