Eternal Moment

Eternal Moment

A Story by Lightfalls
"

Sometimes it seems that children are the ones who understand what is really important in life.

"

 

There’s something about kids that just makes them so special!

 

 

 

Maybe it’s their uniqueness, their innocence, or their curiosity. Maybe it’s because they are more blunt and honest then any adult is. Are they ever afraid to say what’s going on in their minds?

 

I think though, that what’s so special about kids, is that they tend to have a real sense of love! They have a fearless determination. Their happiness, general enthusiasm and passion for life! For the moment!

Combine all those together and what you have is nothing less then a 500 mile per hour, nuclear powered, potentially atomic explosion of endless energy!

 

Take Parker for example.  A classic three year old who has the usual level of enthusiasm for his age.  That is, generally more then fifty adults combined. 

I don’t know why exactly Parker thought that hosing himself off would be a good idea. Or why, after getting changed into something not-so-wet, the puddle had a sudden irresistible pull to him. Or why after heading straight for it, did he find the sudden need to fall into it.

I don’t think he cared though. Wet and muddy didn’t matter much to him. Because hey, at least it was fun, and at least now he knew what a puddle felt like.

I wish sometimes I could live in the eternal present. Like kids do. They don’t care about tomorrow, or yesterday. I guess those have no meaning. Only the moment matters. Here and now!

 

But well, we all grow up. Seasons change, faster each year, and somehow the springtime of childhood gives way to the summer of an adult.

And it’s scary sometimes. And it brings thoughts and fears of being older. But most of all, it’s probably overwhelming because it introduces concepts that were never before thought of. Becoming older makes you come face to face with the concepts of life. It makes you discover the past, the present, and the future.

 

 

Sometimes I cannot see beyond myself.

I wonder “Is this all there is?”

Past. Life, standing still. I’m not young and happy, running through the water carefree anymore. Instead I’m clinging to the edge of existence. I see the shallow depths of my selfish heart, it is like looking at a reflection in shallow water. Staring into the inky blackness in the deep of night, afraid and standing alone, all I see is myself.

Present Reality, its fears and confusion…unending and relentless. Waves of sadness and shame, like the sea waves rolling in, crashing and breaking my heart…

Future. Is this all there is? Illusions, grasping for the wind. Hoping to somehow capture a fantasy, to turn it into something real? Searching for love, without knowing that it only leads to the end of a selfish broken road.

These thoughts are selfish, and introducing them to my mind, only brings sadness, and emptiness. Take God out of the picture -out of your life, and this is what you are left with -this alone.

 

 

But this isn’t all there is. I know that it isn’t.

There is certainty even though the future is unknown to us.

There is reality, beyond the shadows of our own existence.

 

 

 

It’s more then the past. It’s more then the future. Nothing matters, nothing except for this eternal moment. And the choices we make. Here, now. And by eternal moment I mean this moment combining all thoughts and hopes and dreams of the past present and future. 

It’s not youthful ignorance, like a child. It’s understanding that what is here, is what matters. It matters because it is the only moment we’ll ever really have. It matters because this moment is connected to all moments.

Time is forever moving, everything is racing fast. Beyond time’s endless pursuit of the future. Into the great unknown. Depths as eternal as the horizons, stretching out to sea.

Breaking through the fog, shining through the clouds of my life. Love shining clear and bright through the dark. The created beauty of love, from an eternal and uncreated source. It touches my life with hope, at last I have faith.

 

Finally I see that there is a purpose for everything.

Time moves on, so we can leave the regrets and mistakes in the past.

Life stands still, to give our thoughts a chance to catch up.

The future is endless, vast and unknown, so we can always have space for hope.

And I was created for this moment, one place in time.

This moment was made for love.

I realize that there is more then I can see, more then I know…

Beyond the edge of time, and farther then I can see,

That’s all there is.

 

 

 

Because it’s not about how far we can see,

but what we know in our heart.

 

 

We can’t be young forever, but we have this chance to find the truth in life,

and that, only that, will last for eternity.

© 2009 Lightfalls


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like how you mix the story with poems, I've seen it before, but you do a nice job with it I think it's called pose... or maybe not, i'm not all for the terms. xD I love kids just today I was called short by my 6 year old niece... when I reminded her of her age, the reason kids are more blunt, is because when they say something mean we usually laugh about it.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

173 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 8, 2009
Last Updated on September 8, 2009

Author

Lightfalls
Lightfalls

Edge of the World, AK



About
I'm not about being tied down and limited with words. Words are just a shadow of life anyways, and only used because they simplify things. Sometimes there are things far, far beyond words, that you .. more..

Writing
Writing Writing

A Poem by Lightfalls