Shades of Love

Shades of Love

A Poem by Lightfalls
"

Life has no meaning, until love colors your world

"

 

 

 

Eternity is without beginning or end.

So is the truest love, which never fails.

  

 

 

 

  

 

I love you! Not for who you are, but because of what love is.

 

Love must love. It must!

 

 

 

 

 

Love is a river that runs splashing through the forests of the heart and bursting through the valleys of thought.

The world is made alive with beauty. The earth is colored by love.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The bright blues of chance beginnings and created worlds.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The soft pale greens of new life, and darkened vibrant maturity.

 

 

  

 

 

 

 

 

 

The dance of light through the trees, golden and trembling as a new day is welcomed through the black of night.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The brilliant orange and yellow of the fiery sunrise breaking through the scattered elements of the sky.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The red of a simple rose, alive with rarest beauty, touched with the sun’s soft glow.

  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Love is mysterious and elusive.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It is forever spinning in a colorful dance, splashing across the wings of time. Attaching itself only to memories that are pleasant, it refuses to believe the wrong as it casts its shadow of forgiveness onto the failures of the past.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The only to receive love, is to give of ourselves.

The measure of what your heart wills to give,

Determines how much you will become.

 

 

And how much love you can receive.

  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sunlight is seen after the storm passes.

True dreams are realized only when you awake.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

And then finally one day…you realize,

that you somehow became real, with love.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It is love alone that colors this world with beauty.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“It is love alone that gives meaning to all things.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

© 2009 Lightfalls


Author's Note

Lightfalls
pictures borrowed from http://pixdaus.com/

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

They are beautiful pictures and accompany your words well. This piece was full of encouragement.

"The only way to receive love, is to give of ourselves.
The measure of what your heart wills to give,
Determines how much you will become.
And how much love you can receive."

Never really thought that I determined how much love I can receive. As I think of this, I realize that I have probably been turning love around at the door. So many times we would like to be someone else's hero, but we will not allow them to be ours. Most of us have a need to give and nurture. We show it in many different ways, but all it is, is sharing love.

Enjoyed reading this...



Posted 14 Years Ago


wow i love this its amazing......... Love is beautiful.... i agree with you, "life has no meaning, until love colors your world"

Posted 14 Years Ago


i love how this tells a story. and the pictures are beautiful too.

Posted 14 Years Ago


I love this poem ,its very imaginative..It was amazing.I wish I could write like you!Love the pictures.it set this amazing poem off.....i have a question......

.................................................how do u put pictures on writings space? thank you (^_~)

Posted 14 Years Ago


I love the imagery coupled with the writing, both combining to illustrate the writers definitionm of love. you have fully defined love, to include forgiveness and the act of giving to fully receive. Perhaps these two are the most elusive traits of all.
Most of the imagery reflects on the beauty of the ultimate act of love, creation , of which we are an intricate part of. You remind us of what we easily forget. This is a beautiful poetic illustration. Well done :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


I love you! Not for who you are, but because of what love is.
Love must love. It must!

To love for no other reason than for love itself....its lovely poem on the different forms of love in life. It's inspirational and meaningful. The pics are amazing and thanks for sharing :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


wow another amazing write "It is forever spinning in a colorful dance, splashing across the wings of time. Attaching itself only to memories that are pleasant, it refuses to believe the wrong as it casts its shadow of forgiveness onto the failures of the past"

that is so true and so wise even to realize that is to accept real love i think thats the real battle

you have an amazing eye for stunning pictures also proving that beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

cant wait to see more very captivating read

Posted 14 Years Ago


The pictures you used took an amazing, well-written poem and made it into a masterpiece! Amazing work!

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

367 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on September 24, 2009
Last Updated on September 24, 2009

Author

Lightfalls
Lightfalls

Edge of the World, AK



About
I'm not about being tied down and limited with words. Words are just a shadow of life anyways, and only used because they simplify things. Sometimes there are things far, far beyond words, that you .. more..

Writing
Writing Writing

A Poem by Lightfalls