Happiness In Solace

Happiness In Solace

A Story by Quaint Lil Lady

The warm fingers on her skin were enough to make her pull her sweater lower from her shoulders so they could reach further down her chest. The rain storm outside had dappled the windows with an immense amount of raindrops, so much so that she could see the wet flowers of water blooming on the clear canvas. The warm body beneath the covers was such an immense comfort, her cat also adding more of a shot of solace as it snuggled beneath the feet it loved playing with so much. 
"Mmmmm!" She stretched loudly, her toes springing from beneath the covers and her finger tips touching the head post. She stared at the ceiling, enjoying the glittering white sky immediately above her. But she didn't wake up. It was too warm in bed. Too comfortable. She couldn't leave the warmth of this person. The new fragrance they brought, of confidence, pure love for her. It was so different and dependable. Yet she felt so independent. 
Turning over unto her side, she cradled this company, wrapping her hands around their presence. Her cat wiggled more under the covers, the lump crawling upwards to her chest. She kissed it lovingly, as it meowed softly, licking her nose and nuzzling into her neck. 
She giggled loudly, then covered her mouth with her finger tips. Such a new sound and she was so startled. For the new company was herself. Loving the solace that she provided with a dash of comfort. It was beautiful. Alone but together with someone who was new. Someone who wasn't afraid to be the woman they were supposed to be. Brave, confident, and always in love with the mistakes and company of herself. 
She pulled the kitten closer as it purred loudly, and laying her head back on her pillow, she reveled in the touch of her fingers roaming her soft skin, still feeling the sunburns from the hike she took alone along the beach on Saturday. She smiled. 
It was beautiful. 

© 2020 Quaint Lil Lady


Author's Note

Quaint Lil Lady
It's ok to be alone, darling.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

24 Views
Added on September 27, 2020
Last Updated on September 27, 2020

Author

Quaint Lil Lady
Quaint Lil Lady

Roseau, Dominica



About
Fidgety, and dappled with nervousness that can easily be turned into extreme creativity. more..

Writing