Blood haven

Blood haven

A Chapter by LilacRH

An alarm screamed, filling the once silent room. The person lying in the bed sat up and threw it out of the room. "Willow get down here it's almost time for work" a voice yelled. Willow got out of her bed and quickly changed into white polka dots button down, black blazer, high waist skinny trousers and black dolly shoes and proceeded to place a scarlet bloodstone pendant around her neck. As she ran down the stairs, brush her long ginger and blond dip dye hair. "Sorry Miss Sapphire" Willow apologized.


Miss Sapphire laughed at Willows remark "Willow you're no longer my student so you may call me Aurora. Now there's no time to talk or you'll be late". Nodding, Willow ran out there apartment with her burgundy backpack.


Just as she walked out the apartment building a jade green Jaguar estate stopped right in front of her. Opening the door and jumping in Willow sighed "thanks, Emma you saved me"; Emma was a penny brown haired girl with emerald green eyes.

"I'm late myself so its fine but my father will be mad at us anyway if we don't put the foot to the pedal" Emma giggled.

"That's not how the phrase goes" Willow commented.

"Yes it is I've always said it like that and Lilly never comments"

"That's because she an immortal angel that doesn't know anything about the new world,�""

"Okay okay I get what you mean…. She’s not that bad"

"She is!"

"You’re just jealous you’re the single one now” 

"I’m married to my job. Besides wasn’t yours �"“

"Do you want to walk?" Emma interrupted, not liking talking about the marriage to an angel.

Willow closed her mouth quickly; way too lazy for that.


Looking out of the window willow could see the sign of where they were going. ‘Blood Haven’ was in large white letter with ‘asylums’ below it.


Driving through Blood Haven’s gates, they were quiet, willow looking over the timetable and Emma focusing on getting to work on time. For once. They finally arrived at the car park, where they parked and locked the car. As soon as they entered the front door they were in awe. "Upgrade," they high fived.


The once metal beams that held up the roof were switched for pure whited marble columns with dragon and fairies carved into them. The old boring windows were changed to beautiful stain glass windows with different religious people on them. But above the hard spruce wood double door entrances, there was an oval window with an image of the Tree of Life. This one was greater than the others as the bare branches of the green trying to blue tree twisted and turned as if swaying in the wind. At the base the Serpent Dragon Nidhogg, who was colored with different greens, and at the tree's peak rooster Gullinkambi, who was colored gold, lives. The floor was changed to smooth aqua obsidian, the fake version as the floor was slightly transparent, unlike real blue obsidian, what was pure.


As the two of them looked around and walked into the workroom a book was thrown at Emma and, due to her slow reflexes, it hit her, causing Willow to laugh loudly. "Hey, Lilly" Emma cowered, looking up at the tall, pale, blond. Lilly placed her hand on Emma's red cheek, rubbing it softly.


"You’re late by thirty-three seconds" she told her. As Lilly walked away Willow looked at Emma, whose face was slightly red, from both the book and Lilly.


"Is that normal between you two?” she questioned "What? Oh yeah, that's normal!" Emma laughed.


The two walked into the staff room, as the eyes of everyone else turned to them. Suddenly many of the other workers rushed over to them, asking many questions like "Is it true that you have a new patient and that you're going to be paid more if you help them?" and "do you know if it is a girl or a boy?". As the other psychiatrist got closer and closer to Emma and Willow two men stepped in front of them, one slightly in front of the other. "Enough questions let's get back to work," the men, one with raven hair and the other brown, said harshly in unison. With that the group separated, leaving the four alone. "Thank you, Joey, Sam" both girls said smiling. Joey nodded and Sam smiled.


"No problem but there are right do you know what’s going on willow" Joey asked. Willow shook her head in confusion. 

 All of a sudden the loudspeaker spoke:

"NEW PATIENT LEVEL ALPHA AZURE, DR CARDINAL REPORT TO CELL 289 IMMEDIATELY”.

They all looked at each other in confusion until Lilly entered "oh I forgot you have a new patient Willow he's here so come along". She followed. “My first alpha azure patient how hard can this be?” she questioned to herself, not fully understanding the importance of this meeting.


As Lilly and Willow made it to the cell they saw the new patient. He looked as pale as Lilly and had long blond hair, very similar to Lilly’s as well but his was slightly darker, was placed in a ponytail. He wore an azure vest top and black pants. The features that stood out were his dry blood stained wings and purple eyes. She looked up at Lilly to see a haunted look as she looked at him. He turned to Willow for a moment before going into the cell block. That sudden glance shared between them sent Willows heart racing, out of excitement or maybe the coffee? She did not know. "Who is that guy" she asked turning slightly away from the cell.

Lilly was about to answer when a tall man with burgundy eye appeared "he’s your new patient" he said patting her head.


“Doctor Albus! Don’t worry sir I’ll do my best” Willow said, take the clipboard off him and looking it over.

Albus chuckled as he watched her run off like a child, not noticing the amazon like blonde woman.

“Doctor...” Lilly said with the sound of distant in her voice “are you sure about this?”

“Not my choice, angel” the ocean eyed man remarked, walking off.

Lilly hated that man more than she hated the purple night, he was the only one who could rile her up to a point that makes her show emotions in Blood Haven. Still she was worried about her beloved’s friend. This was a big challenge but if the higher ups where certain about this, she couldn’t go against it. Well, she could, but it might land her a month on the couch.



© 2019 LilacRH


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

16 Views
Added on September 9, 2019
Last Updated on September 9, 2019
Tags: supernatural, fiction


Author

LilacRH
LilacRH

United Kingdom



Writing
Blood haven Blood haven

A Book by LilacRH