Analogies for Depression

Analogies for Depression

A Poem by L. Aericko
"

"Depression is a war" just wasn't doing it for me.

"
Depression is the stinging feeling of scraped knees and palms but amplified and seeping into your bones.
Depression is the lack of motivation to do homework or house chores that quickly spreads like wildfire, burning up your want to enjoy hobbies or leave your bed when you haven't in weeks.
Depression is the dementors in Harry Potter that suck your very soul and being from your body but you're not sure if you should fight back.
Depression is the torrential downpour while your driving but instead of water that's blinding your view it's a numbing sadness that makes you second guess if you're even enough. The type of numbness that makes you question if you deserve anything in life.
Depression is like roses and your body the garden. People romanticize and criticize other people's gardens but don't take in how truly painful the thorns are or how dangerous some of the critters hiding in it can be.
Depression is the thief or mugger lurking in homes or back alleys that lay in wait for someone to come along to take their motivation, their energy, and their happiness. 
Depression is being robbed of life and wondering if it's even worth trying to fight through it and take your life back. It's trying to want to see tomorrow but not knowing if it's possible for you to do so.
Depression is the night terrors and recurring bad dreams that you just can't seem to wake up from, and if you're ever able to, you start to fear that every friend you've made, every good memory you've created, were all lies and deceits meant to betray your trust and your wide eyed view of the world.
Depression is the monster under the bed or in the closet. It's trying and trying to get out of a grave that's already been dug for you. You've managed to fall in and you're being buried alive.
Depression is feeling more alive in your dreams. It's the constant need for sleep and the never ending feeling that no matter what you do nothing will be okay. Nothing will be enough.
Depression is toxic friendship. A relationship that benefits no one and causes more harm than good, that harm coming in many different forms.
Depression is scary and mean and cruel. It takes so much and gives nothing in return. It’s suffering and grief and pain when everything is alright.
Depression doesn't care who you are or where you're from, it doesn't pick and choose its victims sparingly.

© 2019 L. Aericko


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

48 Views
Added on September 6, 2019
Last Updated on September 9, 2019
Tags: grief, sadness, depression

Author

L. Aericko
L. Aericko

Neverland



About
The content I post may not be great but I'm trying. I'm mostly on Quotev so I probably won't be consistent with updating content. Sorry. more..

Writing