TRANSPARENT

TRANSPARENT

A Poem by Jaded rose

 

TRANSPARENT

 

You are so transparent

I see through you

All the things that you wish to hide

Why lie to me

I know what you are hiding from me

Your heart has gone away from me

No, I do not like that you have left me

But, man up… tell me the truth

Transparency is not a good look for you

I will put on my blinders and no longer stare

Trying to see your heart

You don’t want the examination

Nor do I wish to give it any more

The hurt that I receive when I go out of my way

To see through you to try and help and please you

And yet you still hide from me

That's FINE...I have stopped the deep soulful looks

Because just like you…I just don’t give a DAMN any more

© 2010 Jaded rose


Author's Note

Jaded rose
Reviewers...some say that they are expecting more (another verse). However, I want this one to end here. Saying what is needed and walking away. When too much is said we continue in toxic relationships. Let it go!!! Thanks for your concern though. It is just a poem.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I agree, its best to just let it go! Great writing, I was feelin it.

Posted 13 Years Ago


when two hearts beat as one they know what's inside...
but when it all is said and done,sometimes it's best to keep the stride,just stop talking,keep on walking,remember what's important,that you've kept deep inside...LonelySoul

Posted 13 Years Ago


Full of emotion and painfully honest.
I only suggest to maybe add more since I feel like its lacking a little and, if you do, add more stanzas.
Otherwise, nice work. Keep it up

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is a nice truthful write, a lot of emotions, great piece.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This poem is truthfully honest about the cowards that we encounter in our lives, and how it feels once we realize that they are there. Your words drilled into my chest as I read them, the pain of realizing that the person you "Invested" in hasn't done the same; can be a harsh realization.

Sometimes the best start(to an amazing finish) is to simply acknowledge what "You do know".

I don't see this poem as a complete narrative of an entire life(nor should it try to be), but more of a realization of how to move on. Your pain is evident in your words, which makes this all the more honest a read.

Well done. And Jaded is simply another way of saying "I've been affected by my experiences, and yes. I'm a bit pissed off"...

Thank You for sharing :-)

Yvette Shaw






Posted 13 Years Ago


yeah.. i'd say jaded is a pretty appropriate word for this poem. i do like how even though there is definite anger, it still feels self-affirming.

only thing i can suggest is :
I know what you'RE hiding from me

just because the grammar of it doesnt fit with the rest of the poem...

Posted 13 Years Ago


Ah... this drips with emotion and honesty. These are words too few people have the cajones to say anymore. This is really great, but I feel like you've stopped yourself from doing a little more with it, like there's something else you wanted to say but didn't say it for whatever reason.

Still, great job :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
ICE
This piece is so wonderful and ripe with emotion.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is raw feelings. Hurt shown through words. I believe however, that you did have more to say. Say it Rose! This, these words of yours that is what they are for. I feel the hurt, the anger and the confusion of this situation...but I truly do believe you have more to say. I believe that there is another stanza, how your heart feels, how this has hurt you...But don't take that as a negative because as always you never fail to amaze me dear!

Great work...
Janice Ann

Posted 13 Years Ago


i feel like it's unresolved. finish the entire course of the emotion you are trying to convey. don't short stop yourself.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

826 Views
26 Reviews
Added on May 26, 2010
Last Updated on June 11, 2010

Author

Jaded rose
Jaded rose

Charlotte, NC



About
Writing is my NEED to unclutter life. It eases my stress. Wish I had more time to write and read poetry. It touches my soul and clears the negativity at times. Thank you for sharing your work and .. more..

Writing
STABBING STABBING

A Poem by Jaded rose