The Enlightened One

The Enlightened One

A Poem by LinBin
"

I love the history of Buddhism and I love what it teaches me....everyday x

"


Siddhartha was raised in a palace ,deliberately sheltered from the outside world; knowing nothing of lifes suffering until one day his world unfurled.......


Confronted outside by death, disease and the withered of age; he escaped from his life of riches and became a worldly sage.......


Siddhartha became a thinking man, his thoughts accumulated day by day; a compassionate man of Nobel birth who sought out the middle way......


He journeyed far and wide, stopping to meditate by the Bodhi tree; his devotion became renowned and his wisdom set people free.......


Siddhartha became the enlightened one by the age of thirty five; he attracted a large following and was seen to be truly alive.......


Siddhartha left us with a legacy, to live the enlightened way; He was the Buddha we rejoice in and learn from everyday......

© 2014 LinBin


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

The enlightenment of this poem fits the inspiration well, this poem is a blessing.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Lovely poem, you captured the essence of his life

Posted 12 Years Ago


lovely write.. truly sidharta thruout.. I hope you contrast him with lord Aruna .. some time.. both inlightened men who thought as true as the path of a well aimed arrow.. by the heart of course...set your mark by the path of enlightenment.. .

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I've always had a bit of a passion for buddhism myself. Beautifully written, sensual piece.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Beautiful words used to describe 'Gautam Buddha' ~ Siddhartha. Thanks for sharing!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

88 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 22, 2011
Last Updated on June 2, 2014

Author

LinBin
LinBin

London, United Kingdom



About
Short Updated Bio: The Data you might want to know: ME: Female; 40's; vegatarian; Buddhist; happily entwined with beautiful partner; gorgeous dog; adorable cat and a house full of ghosts. I lo.. more..

Writing
TODAY TODAY

A Poem by LinBin


Rest In Peace Rest In Peace

A Poem by LinBin



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


CRIMSON CRIMSON

A Poem by Rene Velez