Royal Blood: DEREK I (Ch. 1)

Royal Blood: DEREK I (Ch. 1)

A Chapter by Lynol D. A.

DEREK I
It was spring time. Derek "the name less b*****d" Reyllin was in the forest far North of Honesburg, hunting, looking for food. Eventually I found a wild boar. The instant I saw it, I became stone-like. It was brown and chubby, like most other boars in this forest. but this one had black spots on it’s back and a grey spot right in between it’s eyes. Staring it down, taking slow, patient steps towards the creature, I took out my dagger. This dagger used to belong to my mother. Her father, my grandfather, used to be a blacksmith, and he made this for her. It was made out of steel, the handle being fool’s gold with her name carved into it, “Carolina”. It was a work of the finest craftsmanship I have ever seen.
The boar wasn't too impressed with it though, it saw my dagger, and ran for his life. “No reason to be quiet now” I thought to myself and started chasing after the boar. I lasted almost 10 minutes hunting that boar in the beautiful forest. I spend a lot of time in that forest, it was full of life. The chirping of the birds, the sunlight passing through the bright green leaves, and the worms digging through the fresh rich soil. I loved this forest. Dazed by the beauty that surrounds me, I tripped on a root. The boar escaped. I stabbed the dagger on to the dirt and got up.
“Damn you bloody hell!” I yelled in the direction which the boar ran. I picked up my dagger and continued to walk. At the first step I experienced an agonizing pain on my leg. I fell on one knee and lifted up my trousers, and on my hand I noticed blood. I looked at my leg, blood was slowly pouring out. Tired and a long way home. “My luck,” I whispered to myself. What happened next fascinated me. I looked up and the same boar was right in front of me. I knew it was the same one because it had the grey spot on it’s face.
It snorted and tilted his head to the side still looking at me. I eventually decided to break the silence, “Don’t worry! I won’t kill you, I now know how it feels to be cut opened.” As I finished saying those words the boar started approaching me slowly, “Now its going to kill and eat me,” I thought to myself jokingly. After a few seconds, he finally gained the confidence to get closer, little steps after more little steps, the boar finally stood right in front of me. It stared at me for a while. Then eventually, it starting licking my wound. I smiled, filled with joy and love, I started to pet the boar. “So you’re a vampire boar, eh?” I started to laugh and it looked at me confused as if it knew what I was saying.
“Time to go.” I got up and started to walk towards Honesburg. Trying to ignore the pain. After a while I noticed sounds behind me, as if someone was following me. I turned around. I have guessed right. It was the boar, it was following me. I walked backwards away from it, and it took the same amount of steps forward. My new best friend. I chuckled to myself and started walking back to the village. The boar ran up to me and started walking to my left. “I think I’ll call you Sammuel, Sam for short,” Sam snorted. I laughed out loud and continued my way back home.

.   .   .


It was almost sundown. The sky was getting grey, and the wolves were howling, luckily I saw the glow of my village. A few moments later I arrived.
“Derek, you scum, where were you!? And what’s that?” I looked to the direction of the screaming. And in the center of the village was Rowan, carrying a bag, approaching me as he yelled. “You had me worried!” He was my mother’s childhood friend, the one that I have mentioned earlier. Rowan is a tall man, black hair, light skinned, and with pale blue eyes. Only thing ruining his looks is his age.
“I was in the forest looking for food, some meat, instead I found a friend,” I replied. Rowan looked at Sam, with a look that had a mix of disapproval and temptation. Temptation to eat him I supposed. Rowan then noticed my wound.
“Dear lord are you ok?” he took some cloth out of the bag he was carrying and wrapped my leg to stop the bleeding.
“I’m fine,” I said, “this guy helped me out.” I pointed to Sam.
“I forgot about him. Where are you going to keep him? It appears that he is your new pet.”
“He can sleep in my room tonight, first thing tomorrow I’ll make him a little shed.” Rowan looked at me. He had that no look. I stared at him back and he eventually gave in.
“Fine. You’re lucky that you look so much like your mother. I was never able to say no to her face. Also, just to let you know, I’m not helping, I got too much work already. He is your full responsibility.” Smiling, I picked up Sam and headed over to the cottage for the night.


© 2012 Lynol D. A.


Know That I Too
We are never alone (a poem for mental health month)
Compartment 114
Compartment 114

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Interesting chapter. :) I'd love to read more! Mind notifying me when you have more?

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

271 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 20, 2012
Last Updated on September 21, 2012


Author

Lynol D. A.
Lynol D. A.

CA



About
First things first, my name is Lynol Derek Arellano. I'm 16 years old, I LOVE football (American), and just like other teenagers, I play video games (Halo). My dream is to become a famous film make.. more..

Writing