Burning the Stain

Burning the Stain

A Story by Nathan Squiers
"

An original one-shot, psycho-thriller horror scene.

"

It was with no small twinge of regret that she moved her gore-drenched fingers beneath the faucet's scalding stream. Though the man's blood had been a welcome heat to her numbed hands, the water that now stripped of of her visceral glory bore a far more tormenting heat; one that stung and blistered and left her with nothing more than the shadows of his last expressions and the dwindling echoes of his cries.

Soon--far too soon, she knew--he would be less than this.

An existential stain at best. A hiccup in the joys of the Universe.

Just as she would be once her mother discovered her fiance's remains.

Along with their unborn child, the unspoken testament of their sins that, even then, fermented in her guts.

"It's alright, baby," she hissed through clenched teeth, still fighting against the steaming current that had begun to strip the flesh from her palms, "it'll only burn a moment longer..."

© 2014 Nathan Squiers


Author's Note

Nathan Squiers
Unedited one-shot done originally on my Facebook author page for fun.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

371 Views
Added on November 19, 2014
Last Updated on November 20, 2014
Tags: horror, short, thriller, pain, abuse, anguish, disturbed, dark

Author

Nathan Squiers
Nathan Squiers

Honeoye, NY



About
Nathan Squiers (The Literary Dark Emperor and the author formally known as “Prince”) is a resident of Upstate New York. Living with his loving fiancé/fellow author, Megan J. Parker,.. more..

Writing